Monday, August 7, 2006

grandparents

Friday night we went to the fair. We have many fairs around my area each summer, but this one is a small town, 4 H type.  Friday night was the tractor pulls and I always humor the men folk and go and enjoy.  This year I actually didn't have to act!  When Jacob was 1 he stood at the fence and screamed his little head off at the tractors...this began his love affair with all things motorized!  That summer started our tradition of going to the fair with Jeremy & the boys. We had an enjoyable evening.  The kids road some rides, ate some fair food and watched a bit of the tractor pulls.  I am just upset I didn't bring my camera!   Every year I look forward to the homemade blueberry pie, those old grandmas didn't let me down this year...yum!

I managed to get my overly crabby hubby to the camper on Saturday.  First we had to have a 'talk', which usually starts out as yelling then, we calming talk.  He got me to admit that I am having a hard time letting my daughter grow up.  She is my baby after all.  This is why I am NOT in a big hurry to have her get a job or drive.  I think he is on to something.  I'll be ok though, I think it's perfectly normal to be sad when your kids grow up, I am happy in some respects, but the last one is hard, not having children around all the time seems unnatural to me.  Unless somebody leaves a kid on my doorstep, which is possible.  All night on Friday Jacob kept asking to go to my house, or my camper!

We had asked to keep the boys on Saturday night at the trailer, but ended up watching them at their house until midnight.  Some of their friends wanted them to come to a birthday party and since Tracey hadn't been out since Dayton's birth we agreed.

Jacob wasn't feeling well, Dayton woke up I fed him, and he screamed for an hour and a half, so here I was juggling a screaming infant, and 'directing' my husband on where to find stuff to make dinner for the boys.  Whew!  We all lived through it though.

Yesterday was a lazy day at the campground.  The Club is very small withonly 20 or so campers spread out among the campground.  We decided to stay last night and we were all alone.  Weird though because you hear every little noise.  Right before we turned in 3 deer walked through only pricking their eyes up to watch me watch them.  The moon was nearly full and we had  a great campfire. 

I feel my blood pressure going back to normal...ah...bring on the week!

And yes this kid is a stinker!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yea, don't we all need to have those "talks" with them every now and then.

Glad you had fun at the fair.

Brenda

Anonymous said...

I got home from work one day when child was 15, and she informed me that she had found a job. She has worked ever since, and she is now 26. She got her driver's license one day after she turned 16, but that was because her birthday is a legal holiday :). They grow up whether we like it or not. If we try to hinder the process, it can backfire big time on us. Good luck Rose, I know you will handle it perfectly :)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

glad that you two had a talk that was productive....those boys sure are your heart..you gotta remember to take the camera! I want pics!!
LOVE YOU

lj

Anonymous said...

Oh, boy, do I have empty nest syndrome in the worst way!  Especially, now that I am not working.  Way too much time to think, and dwell on the past, and relive good and bad things in my life, over and over again.  

I'm glad you had a good time at the fair!  Haven't been to one of those in over 20 years.  I really do need to get out more! lol

Hugs,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekend.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Rose,it is so wonderful the way you share yourself and family. It must be fun
having the fairs you have in small towns.The boys are so adorable.I agree that
it may be that you may not be in a hurry for your daughter to grow up so fast.
It was very hard for me. So glad your blood presure is  back to normal,ha ha.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

The campgrounds sound great ! I wish I could be there !!
that boy does look like a handful!
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

We love the fair and tractor pulls too!!  Our first date was at a fair!!  You will also be happy to know that our bus driver is on time for school!!  I just love this guy, he comes same time every day and he is dependable and even pulls in the gates to pick up the kids so we don't have to cross the street!!  Love the pics.  Looks like you are having a wonderful time.  Yes, let them learn to drive slowly and carefully!!!!!  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I just love all the pictures! How fun.  It sounds like you all had a nice time too.

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

How can such an angelic face be a stinker? Hummm I know. I went to a tractor pull one time. Paula

Anonymous said...

I am having a hard time letting Mandy go, too. It is so hard, wanting to protect them, seeing them make mistakes...