Thursday, August 10, 2006

quiet around here

It's been a quiet week ... it's already Thursday.  I have tried to not worry about little things, Mark's job has been slow, although he is working today in a thunderstorm moving heavy machines.  I know I really needed to work this summer, for our own bills, but when I hear Tracey tell me how good the boys are becoming I realize I did a good thing.  Bills always get paid, I just need to have the Faith to realize things always get taken care of.

When I see the insanity of the word, the problems others have, sickness, real poverty, jobless folks with no hope, I get the cold slap of reality and realize I have so much.  A good job, a husband with a great job, family, a feeling of security that not everybody has.

So I have been concentrating on doing work around my house.  I have a few closets that need to be de-cluttered of old papers and leftovers from the boys.  Liz and I have been scrapping the trim work on our house.  It needs paint very badly.  She has an interview at Kohls on Monday.  They are building a new store that will open most likely right when she gets her driver's license in October.  We are both finally confident with her driving.  I think she is finally ready to drive.  And I am finally ready to let her!

Otherwise, it's been a nice break, when I have not much structure in my life I tend to go to weird places in my head.  So I have tried to keep physically busy.  That helps a bunch!

I have a refresher course for work tomorrow night, they are usually useless and boring.  The shop where they repair all the buses is down the street a few blocks from my house and I did notice a bunch of new buses down there.  So officially my old bus 30 is gone. 

We bid on routes in two weeks then I will find out what bus I get.  I am hoping for a three year old model.  They have the manual doors and I just like the way they drive better than the new fancy ones.  We shall see.  They moved the buses around in the parking lot and most of the drivers are too lazy to walk to the buses that are far from base.  That will also give me more opportunity to get a bus I want.

The rain has stopped and I have few errands to run!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rose,

I think all of us tend to forget how fortunate we are to have what we have.  It always seems as though there is someone else that has more.. but, then, you look around, and there is plenty more that have less.  In my current situation I have to constantly remind myself that it ain't over till the fat lady sings!! And, I ain't heard no singin' yet! lol

Hugs to you!  Have a wonderful day!

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Rose,
You are so wise and you sure are not lazy. I admire and respect you so much.
I'll pray that you get the right bus for you. So many things are happening in
this ole world,so sad.I know how blessed I am for sure.
Hope you have a good weekend.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the bus you want!!!!  
Hugs to you
Ellen

Anonymous said...

It is always good to stop and count your blessings!!!  I hope you get the route and buss you want!!

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

Hey! This entry posted twice!