Thursday, August 10, 2006

quiet around here

It's been a quiet week ... it's already Thursday.  I have tried to not worry about little things, Mark's job has been slow, although he is working today in a thunderstorm moving heavy machines.  I know I really needed to work this summer, for our own bills, but when I hear Tracey tell me how good the boys are becoming I realize I did a good thing.  Bills always get paid, I just need to have the Faith to realize things always get taken care of.

When I see the insanity of the word, the problems others have, sickness, real poverty, jobless folks with no hope, I get the cold slap of reality and realize I have so much.  A good job, a husband with a great job, family, a feeling of security that not everybody has.

So I have been concentrating on doing work around my house.  I have a few closets that need to be de-cluttered of old papers and leftovers from the boys.  Liz and I have been scrapping the trim work on our house.  It needs paint very badly.  She has an interview at Kohls on Monday.  They are building a new store that will open most likely right when she gets her driver's license in October.  We are both finally confident with her driving.  I think she is finally ready to drive.  And I am finally ready to let her!

Otherwise, it's been a nice break, when I have not much structure in my life I tend to go to weird places in my head.  So I have tried to keep physically busy.  That helps a bunch!

I have a refresher course for work tomorrow night, they are usually useless and boring.  The shop where they repair all the buses is down the street a few blocks from my house and I did notice a bunch of new buses down there.  So officially my old bus 30 is gone. 

We bid on routes in two weeks then I will find out what bus I get.  I am hoping for a three year old model.  They have the manual doors and I just like the way they drive better than the new fancy ones.  We shall see.  They moved the buses around in the parking lot and most of the drivers are too lazy to walk to the buses that are far from base.  That will also give me more opportunity to get a bus I want.

The rain has stopped and I have few errands to run!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

By Golly I hope you get the bus you want. You deserve it. Paula

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is growing up :)

I hope you get the bus you want!!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hey, know that your not alone. Worry will mess with your mind. But know this...this too shall pass.

Brenda

Anonymous said...

What does it mean to 'bid on a route'?  It that just letting them know which route you want to drive during the school year?  I hope you get a good one and a great bus!
Kathyb  

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose,
I've been thinking about you, and if you're like me, you're right.  Too much down time and no structure is bad. You haven't been driving much this summer, and as much as you love the contact with both the kids and the bus, this can be part of what's been bumming you out lately.  I get weird when I go without my bus and the kids for a while too.  

Got any idea on which routes you want to bid on?  Feel like changing your Middle School route?  Where does your seniority lay for picks?  I hope it goes well for you.  As for me....give me the newest bus with all the gizmos and gadgets...and I'm in heaven.  Doesn't your arm get tired with the manual door?   Mine does.  Our HS has all power doors and our K-8 has a mixture of both.  

I'm glad things are going good for Liz.  Good luck to her on her Interview.  

Hugs,
Kathy G.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I just had a flash back to the sound school bus doors make when they open. :-)

Anonymous said...

Send us some of the rain , we could sure use it.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Hope you get just what you want! You deserve it Rose.
Hope you have a great weekend!
Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose,
Sounds like you have gotten some stuff done!  Great!  Good Luck when you bid on your routes!  That sounds pretty stressful to me.....there are some bad one's no one ever wants, huh? And my luck, that would be ME!

I understand competely what you said in my journal, and I know I should have a heart-to-heart talk with my daughter, but right now,  I'm not in a good place, and I'm really afraid I'm going to say something I'll regret.  So I have to calm down some.  For now...the silent treatment is working.  Don't know how long she can stand me mad at her, but we'll see!  Oh well...life goes on.  But thanks for your comments.  I do appreciate it.

Have a FUN rest of the summer!
Hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

God still sits on the throne.

Each and everyone one of us are going through tough times right now, but God is getting ready to bless you in a way that only He can. Keep the faith.