Thursday, February 8, 2007

winter, winter everywhere!

This is my driveway in the rear of my home....my car, after only sitting a 1/2 hour during my break on Tuesday was covered in snow.  The little building in the rear is my greenhouse with my little garden in front. 

This year with only one very lazy dog we are planning on taking back our backyard and possibly planting a larger garden.  My old dog Trooper, bless his little heart was a Brittney who loved to dig, and was constantly running around the backyard and wore a path.  That dog was the best, but like me his owner very hyper.  My other dog on the other hand is like my husband, content to just be...

I safely ran all my routes this week.  We had an excellent week with all the frigid temperatures and snow.  Our skills as a transporation department shined, I am proud to say I safely delivered all my little ones all week.  Even yesterday afternoon when I developed a sore throat and was not in the mood to drive, I told my grade school kids I did not feel well and was not in the mood to remind them of the rules...soon I heard, "no Rose you can't call in sick tomorrow, the time you were sick the other driver forgot the little kids!".  It was how they said it that made me laugh.  I was much better today, thanks to a good nights sleep and some cough drops.  Streph is running wild through my group, thankfully I have never had it.  Lucky me, I only get wee bits of what's going around.

Tomorrow is Friday already and Saturday I have a trip, it's a drop and then I go back and bring them back to school.  Gives me a long break in the middle of the day.  Then we have 3 day weekend on the 16th! 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was raised by a brittney - she had puppies when I was born, so she considered me part of her litter - I smile whenever anyone mentions one :)

Don't get sick Rose! Get your brittney to join my beagles in a "hurry up spring" dance!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Those kids love you, I know they do. WOW to the snow. Paula

Anonymous said...

I wish you were our bus driver!!!  We are so very fortunate that this year the bus driver here in KY is picking up and dropping off my two youngest right at my door.  Being new in my neighborhood, being swamped with my donations workload and unpacking and trying to maintain a household, not finding our socks yet, overwhelmed with laundry and painting, I am soooooooooo thankful to our bus driver.  I hope to be able to give her a card or something before the year is out.  She is just a Godsend and makes me think of you all the time.  I love the pictures you posted of your home.  Snow is so beautiful, though tis wet and cold.  I just love having snow again here in KY.  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your feeling better. I'm glad you had a safe week. Looks like a lot of snow. We didn't get much and it was gone quick. Have a great weekend.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

WOW look at all that snow!!!  Stay warm.

Kara

Anonymous said...

The kids you drive are very blessed to have you for their bus driver. I know if they were my kids I'd love knowing it. It really snowed a lot and looks cold but
beautiful. It is good that you are feeling better and that you don't catch everything
that others have that much. Have a great weekend Rose.
Hugs
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Rose - I'm tired of this cold weather too.  But I never get tired of the snow.  It has been just as cold by me.  We have left our buses running 24 hours a day from Sunday until Friday.  It was so cold that our mechanics never shut them off.  I guess it was a wise choice to do that.  When you have to consider the amount of fuel you burn to be assured that the buses will be out on the corners in the morning, it is well worth it.  We certainly can't risk having children standing out on the corners waitng for buses that won't show up because they won't start.  

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am envious about the greenhouse! I have always wanted one...and I can't believe you drive in that snow. I stay home when it snows. I am the WORST driver!