Friday, February 2, 2007

Go Bears~!

If I hear one more person say "Go Bears!" I am going to scream.  Unless they are handing me cold hard cash from the football pool of course.

Being from a suburb of Chicago and a family of mostly male sports nuts I have little choice but to watch the game Sunday.  BUT it will be all snuggled up on my living room couch.  I am not nuts you know... the weather forecast is for 3 degrees...and some nuts will be tailgating in the city in the cold parking lot of the Bears Soldier Field.  No way.

That's just nuts.  But the week has been fun ... the kids getting out all their Bear gear and even painting their hair orange and blue.

Oh yeah this guy did not see his shadow...Thank God, I am getting tired of my fashionable wardrobe of my kid's old snow pants, long underwear, sweats and 3 shirts and a sweatshirt, plus a coat...that's all fine until the hot flashes come...then I feel like I can melt snow just by looking at it.

Go Bears!

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd say 'go bears' but I don't want to send you into a tail spin.  LOL  I'm in So. Calif. where we don't even have a football game so I will give the Bears my cheers for this Sunday's game .
Hugs,  Kathy

Anonymous said...

I don't even know who the Bears are but "Go Bears" anyway. Enjoy your blankie and eat something good. Paula

Anonymous said...

I dont even have a clue whos playing !! !LOL
I bought some superbowl boxes anyway !
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for game time!! By the way, I now refer to hot flashes as having my own personal summer, LOL!! Have a great weekend Rose.
Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

I am trying to wake the beagles up to do an "early spring" dance - but they are cold and sleeping under a blanket.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Usually I agree with you but don't worry I won't say Go Bears, I'll be yelling Go Colts! That is if I'm allowed to watch the game. After all the Colts beat my husbands team KC. LOL
Hugs, R.c.

Anonymous said...

Have a nice day tomorrow keeping warm and watching the game. Al went to my daughter's home to watch the game with all the men. Well he also went to watch our three Grandsons play their games today also. It is supposed to be at least 80 degrees tomorrow,then go back down to the 60's and rain,which we need.
Hugs
Mickie

Anonymous said...

The Bears.....I always think of the Saturday Night Live...The BEarssssss....

Anonymous said...

Wow that is a lot of clothing to stay warm.  You could just roll me down the hill if I had to put that all on.  I guess that is why I am still cold... all I have on is slippers, old painting flannel shirt and sweats... I can't seem to get very warm though without cranking the heat and that makes hubby very mad.  And then it gets too hot and I wanna turn it down again.  We only caught the last part of Superbowl somehow on the computer from some download program due to we haven't hooked up cable tv and I am having serious withdrawals.  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

WOW!  That IS a lot of clothes to have to wear. Reminds me of the "Little House On The Prairie " days. We had little cold here this year,mostly a few days here and there. Our present days are in the mid 50's and sunny. Can't beat that.
Hugs, honey.
Love you,
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK