Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Thanks to two older brothers Dayton has played with anything with wheels since he could grab them...complete with sound effects....usually involving spit.

I am spending next Saturday with them, then to the yearly county fair for a date with Hubby.

Today was my first full day of routes.  In the morning I go in later than last year but after my routes I shuttle a girl to the other high school for a class.  Still my morning is a short one.

Today my midday was living hell...the main highway to my first pick up is now full of strip malls and large department stores.  At every entrance is a stop light.  About a mile from my first pick up is a new Menards/JC Penneys/Office Depot complex.  This line of intersections have been a work zone for months.  I went through there yesterday (in my car) with no problem.  Today the road was down to one lane, took me extra time and of course I was then very late.  This after leaving base (where we keep our buses) early.

Parents of pre schoolers, especially the first day are antsy.  Mine were no different.  Fortunately my group  of 20 are quiet and well behaved.  Many are not from our country, but they do know who Sponge Bob is!

My monitor and friend Julie has been with me for this being our third year.  The girl is a saint.   She understands children and most of all me!  It was also hot today...and I had hot flashes...YAY!

I was supposed to do another shuttle after my pre school route but I was too late. 

I am getting over 40 hours per week.  My husband has been praying for extra hours for us...ok now he needs to pray for him to get extra work, I am tired...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must have the patience of a saint to get in that traffic in a bus with kids. Thank goodness those kids know who sponge bob is 'cause I don't. lol Paula

Anonymous said...

Rose,
Dayton is so cute . I hope that you enjoy your time with the kids and the fair with your hubby. I'm glad that you have alot of hours,but feel bad that you are so tired.
Hugs
Mickie

Anonymous said...

I dont know how you do it Rose! I would be so scared to drive a school bus... not because of the kids but the actual driving part!!! I hope you get the shifts you need.

Kara

Anonymous said...

Dayton is so adorable! I don't think I could be a school bus driver. lol
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I'll pray for all the husbands out here to get the extra work -- us women need a break already!

Anonymous said...

Sounds a bit stressful at work but you are the BEST so i know it will all work out...i know you will have a good time at the fair too!
Love, lisa

Anonymous said...

Happy Back to Work, LMAO! Have fun at the state fair :-)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Rose, hope you got some rest, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

LMAO!  Sound effects and spit....  That is adorable.  I think boys are hardwired with those sound effects.  Oh, Rose, aren't grandsons the best?
Hugs, Kathy