Saturday, September 22, 2007

A very long month

This has been a very long beginning to school.  Most likely because I had no real break for summer I feel like I have been driving forever.  I am sure most people who work normal 9 to 5 jobs must think I am feeling sorry for myself...true, but usually my self pity is very short lived.  I am always the first to leave a pity party....too boring!

My routes are behaving... finally.  Usually the first few weeks are either the honeymoon period or a period of testing.  Rarely do I have a honeymoon group.  This year is no different.

I have been very busy at work, but I love my job and the perks are great.  I think we have at least two paid days off next month.

But there are days when I am emotionally burned out.  It's a rough world out there, so fast too.

The kids were here last night into today.  They are growing so fast.   Jacob will be going to school next fall!  They are becoming quite firm in their personalities too.

Remember last year when Jacob would hide when the camera came out?  Now he poses for me!

But a few behaviors, such as telling me no, (a big no no, I remind them who they are speaking to),  and thinking they can boss me around have to checked at the door.

Dakota does not like his picture taken, I always try and remember that he is still only 2, won't be 3 until December.   He tends to be the one doing most of the bossing around.  He also has no tolerance for Dayton the baby...but Dayton is becoming quite the bully himself.  But as with my own kids they fight and make up quickly.

Dayton who at 15 months still has to be watched like a hawk as he is into everything... his head tends to lead when he walks, resulting in a few crashes.

The weather has been great, the men are working as is Liz...the bills are getting paid and there's food on the table...life is good.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those kids are adorable!!!
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww Rose your grandkids are precious, hope your weekend is going well,  Love and Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Great photos Rose. Is it my imagination or all all of us school peopel feeling burned out before we even get a good start? Me and my friends at work have all been saying how we feel now like we usually feel a month or so before we are done for the year. I just hate that, I've always loved my job -- but things are getting to be too much these days.

Anonymous said...

I don't think you ever throw a pity party here and if you do its your journal. Wishing you a good school year with mostly little angels riding your bus. Cute pictures. Paula

Anonymous said...

Dayton and Jacob and Dakota all are such handsome boys. Sorry that work is stressing you out but i am so glad you love your job...that means everything in the end. LOVE YOU so,lj

Anonymous said...

aaawww, they are so cute! :o) It's good that you like you job, but so sorry that it stresses you out. Sending you good vibes. :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that work is getting to you. I can imagine it would! Working with kids isn't always easy!  I hope your boys will give you an easier time!

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a little vacation I could send you so you could just get away and get pampered.  You deserve it!  Your grandsons are so adorable!  They are growing up so fast.  The testing is to be expected, right?  You are such a wonderful grandma to set those boundaries.  It will make them feel so loved.
Hugs, Kathy

Anonymous said...

They are getting so big! It has been fun to watch them grow up :-)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

The boys are adorable.  I have two nepehws.  Austin is 5 years old and he's convinced he runs the show around here and Collin is going to be one in December!  I found your journal and I love it.  Here's the link to mine!  -Dawn-