Saturday, April 30, 2005

The day after

 

Surgery went fine yesterday.  My dad drove me that was after me being the obsessive person I am ... I took Liz to school and of course I had look around for my beloved Bus #30 loaded with my little ones to see who was driving it.  I finally found her and it was one of the new girls.  I am such a nut!  One of the girls at work and I always say we have Adult ADD because we get so obsessed with weird stuff and can't focus. 

Then I cleaned my whole kitchen because I needed to do something with my nervous energy.  I am telling you they need to give you the drugs before surgery just to calm down.  But I made it to the hospital on time at 10:30.  They put me in the day surgery room, told me to change into one of those lovely fashionable gowns, and those cute footies, mine were beige.  Then I sat in a chair of course I first had to leave a urine sample...later I found out it was to make sure I wasn't pregnant...Thank God I am not...duh!  The nurses kept giving me warm blankets I must of looked cold.  They kept me waiting forever before I had to go up to the x-ray to get my probe (a thin peice of wire with a hook on the end) put in so they could find my lump of calcification during surgery.   The wire probe they put in wasn't too painful it just burned a bit and after they put it in they had to do a few mammograms to make sure they got the right spot.  Me being the babbling brook I am helped pass the time, by hatting it up with the staff.  I had had the tech before and she is a sweetheart so that was nice.

When I got back to my room Mark got there so that was great timing on his part.  I am so glad he didn't come early he would have drove me nuts.

He hates hospitals and he was secretly freaking out all week because he later told me was because his mother died in the hospital at the same age as me.  My goofy father told me ... gee Rose your mother died at 60 , mine at 95 are you going to freak out every time you get to their ages...God bless my smarty father.

Also my surgery was scheduled for 1:30 and I didn't go til 2:30 which even made my inpatient hubby even more antsy.  He kept looking at my IV bag and saying when that thing gets any lower I am going to go find a nurse.  If it got any lower I was going to have to find the bathroom!!  And speaking of IV's my nurse rolled my vein the first time and ouch...the second one was on target.

I was only in for less than an hour...and was put to sleep right after my nurse made sure I wasn't pregnant.  Woke up feeling fine.  Of course I was still drugged and after a pain pill we were released.  After a trip to Walgreens we went to Walgreens to get my prescription and it was back home.

Today I am sore...but doing ok.  My results will be in on Wednesday and I am trusting that all will be fine.  I am so grateful today. 

Things have been going so much better in that I am managing to just worry about this day..today...this week's forcast had rain all week and it never rained enough to call off Mark's work, even today.  I am grateful that I have such a wonderful husband who takes such good care of our relationship, and takds such good care of me!My daughter is feeling better and she even helped me last night!

They are both gone so I have the house to myself.  Mark's at work and Liz is at play practice.  I am most likely going to call in to work on Monday for an extra day off, my biopsy was on the right side and I forgot that my service door is on that side and it's pretty hard to open, so the extra day will be great.

So gang I am doing fine...thanks for the continued thoughts and prayers.

Have a wonderful weekend! 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you're doing okay. I might have been sick and offline for awhile but didn't forget you, hon. Hugs. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

Wow thats sounded like an ordeal.  I hate hospitals too.  They make me extremely nervous.  I will anxiously wait the results with you.  However I know God has it in his hands and I am trusting him that they will be fine.  Hugs, NIcki

Anonymous said...

I am glad it all went well, Rose!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

i am glad to hear that everything went so well...and its good not to worry about anything...im sure it will all turn out fine...i will continue to keep u in my prayers...dont overdo this weekend though...slow down somewhat :-) i hope u have a really nice weekend...

linda
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LifewithLinny
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LinnysLuciousLickings

Anonymous said...

Rose, I'm so glad everything went okay...thinking of you, hoping for a speedy recovery and that all is well with the results...nice to see a photo of you in the sidebar you pretty lady :-)

~  www.jerseygirljournal.com

Anonymous said...

Rose, i am so glad everything went well with your surgery. Mark loves you so....men sometimes cant handle all the sickies and doctors and stuff but he was there for you.....i love it. Take care!!! Love, lisa

Anonymous said...

You are so brave. I'm glad your doing ok. I will say a prayer for you. Rest and feel better soon.
Hugs, R.C.