Wednesday, October 12, 2005

it's beginning to look a lot like fall!!

                    

This is one of my BIG sunflowers.  I planted some other seeds but the lack of rain made them either not come up or they are just now popping out.  Anyway, the old neighborhood is finally showing it's colors and I LOVE IT!  Oranges, reds and yellows, brightens any day.  That's my house in the background, Mark and I are fighting over what color to paint it, it really needs it to.  I think I'll just drag him to the store and see what strikes me at the time.

On Monday I went to the Botanical Gardens for my field trip and it was lovely.  With the exception of a few screaming little darlings being forced by their mothers to gain some culture on a school holiday, I had a nice peaceful walk.  My group was very small so I let them go on and I went out on my own.  I visited the Japanese Gardens, and really enjoyed the Rose garden also.  The place is awesome and am going to try and get my husband out there before the fall comes to an end.  I met an older couple pushing another lady in a wheelchair and they were commenting on the Lambs ears, and how soft they were. We had a nice conversation and I was really struck by what the one lady said...she said, " that the plants gave her hope "...I found it very good advice and hanging on to that.

Everybody needs a little hope now and then...so I am sending some your way also...have a wonderful day and get out and get some fresh air! 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure do miss my daily walks outside with the dogs - but I can't take Molly now. I am glad you enjoyed the gardens - they sound very pretty!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

WoW Rose,
Your flower is BIG and you have a nice backyard. Thanks for the hope you sent our way. So glad you had a nice time at the Botanical Gardens. I love roses.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful sunflower!  It always reminds me to "face the light" if you will.

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

I do love sunflowers. Great photo and thanks for the HOPE. Everybody can use some of that.
Love yu
Barb

Anonymous said...

What a big sunflower! I love fall also . I love the colors.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Well the good Lord knows i could use some hope.
I am glad you went to the gardens and were able to enjoy yourself. I LOVE sunflowers. I planted them the 1st few years we lived here. Now, i cant seem to get a damn thing done.
Love you, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

I planted one of those biiig sunflowers last year. Still have some seeds. Maybe I'll think to plant one or two next spring. Yours is so pretty. Paula