Saturday, October 8, 2005

LIZ<3

Liz and Tracey

My daughter Liz has finally snapped out of her funk!  Most likely not because of my nagging about being happy, or enjoy high school, or that she'll see her boyfriend Mike soon enough BUT because Mike is coming home sooner than she thought.  He's coming on October 21st the day after her birthday.  Even though she went to the dance with a friend which is a boy she and Mike still consider themselves "going" out.  They have a great friendship which I think is what keeps them from getting their feelings in the way.  Pretty amazing for teens today.

I am so proud of my daughter...she is truly a miracle and I am blessed to have her in my life! 

I am going to the antique auto show with Mark, and his son Jeremy and Tracey.  My trip lasted until 11:15 last night.  I feel a cold coming on, but I slept in and rested most of the morning.  So it'll be fun and I'll be fine.

I somehow signed up for a trip on Monday (our day off Columbus day).  It's to the Chicago Botanical Gradens.  An awesome place, but it's all tollway driving North of the City.  But it won't be bad driving and I am going to really enjoy the place.  I love plants and am allowed to go in with  the class for free!, so I am very excited.  PLUS I get paid to enjoy!

Enjoy the weekend!!  My brother-in-law Mitch made it Colorado, today it's supposed to be 80's there and then by Monday snow and 30"s!  Wow!

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a good weekend!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Rose,I love that you share pictures in your journal,they are so nice. Your daughter looks happy. You have a good reason to be proud of Liz. Enjoy your trip to the Chicago Botanical Gardens,wish I was going,I love plants also.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is awsome. Probably comes from haveing a mom like you.
Have a great trip.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

What a cute picture!  Im glad your daughter is doing better.  Keep resting...

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Liz went to the dance and i just know shes soooo happy about Mike coming home!! I hope you dont get the cold!! Seems to be flu/colds going around already. Love you, lj

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is so cute. It's so nice to see her smiling again.
antique auto show? Wish I were there. I'd go with you. Have fun! DO NOT GET SICK> LOL  
Hugs, hon.
Barb