Saturday, October 29, 2005

Pumpkin farm and a runny nose

                  

We all have the sniffles in our house, actually it's more like a running faucet, but since Mark and I are troopers we go on.  Neither one of us makes it a habit to ever call in sick.  At my job we get 10 sick days a year, plus 2 personal days, which really aren't personal because the dispatcher always wants to know what we want the days for.  She's like a cop when it comes to calling in sick.  But it hasn't stop the masses that have been off for the past week.  A few are off on sick leave.  It's the nature of the beast at my type of job, we get many retired folks, mom's, and such.  Although quite a few of the men aren't all that old ---many in there 50's.  Must be nice.  Retired at 50.   Not me I'll be working until they pry the key's out of my cold dead hand. :)

 

I am feeling a lot better right at this moment.  I am at the point though were I want to spray disinfectant in the faces of my bus passengers.  Those germly little creatures are spreading the love around and it's very annoying.  I haven't felt sick enough to be down, but I had a sore throat and an annoying cough when I try to sleep.  But last night was better. 

I have been resting every evening, pre napping as Mark calls it before bed.

Besides the day is too beautiful to be sick!

 

This afternoon we have plans to take the grandkids to a pumpkin farm.  And since Jacob has been sick too, I don't feel bad bringing my germs over.  I am sure I am no longer contagious anyway.  He'll probably give me what he has.  Afterward we will be babysitting as Tracey and Jeremy are going to a comedy show.

 

The day is glorious here in the Midwest.  Bright sun, no clouds and a high in the 70's.

 

So we should have a great time.

Of course I'll take pictures.

 

Have a wonderful weekend everybody!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you don't get too sick. It's the pits to be sick and have to work. Love the graphic. Oh- and YOU too, of course.
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

sorry ur family is sick. That sucks. I hope my one time for being sick this year is over.

Anonymous said...

Feel better!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Poor Rose! Get some rest my dear friend :)

Kara

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon,it's no fun being sick.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Sorry you guys aren't feeling well.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

I hate to hear that you have a cold....i hope you are feeling better! Its been so pretty here too but so cold. Yuck. Those germs sure are a nuisance! Love, lisa  jo