Sunday, April 2, 2006

last day of break

I slept in and it feels grrrrrrrrrrreat!  Only thing is it's gloomy and gray outside.  STILL!  I NEED THE SUN!  It's gotta come out some day right??

Liz called a while ago and they are only in Tennessee which by my calculations will get them home by the earliest, 11 pm.  Then they have to unload the buses, etc.  This trip has seemed really goofy to me from the start.  Their director made excuses as to why it was only 5 days long, really too short to drive 4 charter size buses loaded with teenagers all the way from Northern Illinois to Orlando Florida.  On the way down the had to take 4 potty/food stops.  And then to cut it so close to be home on Sunday night right before they have to go back to school.  Oh well, I've done this before, waited up, only to nod off and have my kid call me to come and get her.  She really needs to get her driver's license, but THAT IS another story!

My GREAT son Tim came over last night and brought us Chinese Food, my favorite.  I think every mother needs to have at least one kid that is good/GREAT to her.  And Tim's it!  Next weekend Mark and I are going away for our anniversary.  It will be nice to go away and relax.

I did some cleaning today, you know catch up on laundry and the floors, think I'll go soak in the tub...sounds good eh???

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think that everybody needs one at least one kid that is good/great to them also. i know that i have one and her name is brittney. gosh i dont know what i would do without her. debbie

Anonymous said...

Having a child who takes care of me would be a really nice thing. I am glad someone has one!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hope Liz gets home quickly ...and safely.
Yes, us moms all need that one kids that takes care of us !!

Ellen

Anonymous said...

So happy that your son is so good to you. Liz is in my prayers to get home safe.
I still stay awake waiting to know my Grandkids are home safe. It is still raining
here in Ca,today wasn't bad,cloudy but the next three days we are supposed to get heavy rain and some snow at about 5000 feet.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Tim!! i love hearing that he brought you food that you like...you deserve to be pampered because you are SO awesome! I hope you arent up half the night with Liz....i hope she gets her license soon so you can take it easy. Love you,lj

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your last hours of time off. It's been a mix of sun and gloom here. Storms here last night.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that you and Mark get to go away together. You really need that time and deserve it.
Love you
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

It is nice to have at least one of your kids be the good one!  The one that thinks about you, when the others don't.  I have one like that too!

I hopeyou and Mark have a great time next weekend.  Happy Anniversary, early!!

Jackie

Anonymous said...

My daughter is 18 and STILL doesn't have her driver's license!
Thanks for leaving the link to this journal too. I didn't realize you had two when I found the other one. Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

Congrats again in the wedding anniversary have some fun and relax when you get away together. I need the same too, I want to goto this local hotel if only
for the night...because its beautiful with a great indoor pool,spa,excercise room...
Glad Liz got home alright but I cant believe that they only went down for five days seems kindof a waste of time but hey she got to go. I doubt they had time if they drove there. I have a friend who lives there and my husband went to work down there they all drove from Michigan in one big van and took them over 24hr to get there.... But I hope she had lots of fun and will remember I also hope she made it too school monday morning...i could have not done it...am too tired now lol
well am off for more laundry, and wash my hair i stayed home from school today it too cold outside to ride my bike. Ps thanks for visiting my joournal! love ya take care your friend Sara

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am glad that you have a sweet child. Mine take turns being the Sweet child and the Evil Child from Hell.