Saturday, April 15, 2006

sunny saturday

                     

Today is a bright and sunny day!  Mark's at work (yip---eeee!), Liz is at play practice and I am enjoying the quiet of the morning.  It's funny though how people get when the weather warms up.  They ALL go outside!  And they stay up late.  My neighborhood was pretty noisy.  We had our windows open last night.   This morning I woke up to happy birds.  I'll take that anyday for the warmth of SPRING!

    My son Tim called me yesterday very upset.  His Uncle died.  Wes was my ex's oldest brother.  He smoked for many years and was on oxygen.  He also was a volunteer fireman.  When Tim was born he gave him all sorts of fire equipement, toy trucks, books on firemen.  Tim loved it.  He still does love firefighters.  He called Tim his 'buddy friend'.  Tim's dad and stepmom were in Green Bay about 6 hours away when the call came from Wes's wife.  They wanted Tim to go and stay with her.  Tim was at a friends and didn't have his car so I went and picked him up.  Needless to say as soon as he got in the car he lost it.  My children tend to take all things emotional to heart, and have no problem expressing them to me.  He said he couldn't face Wes's wife, he had some guilt feels about his uncle and I am thinking he just need to feel his emotions and since I am mom it was ok to let it out.  I ended up taking him to my house, his aunt ended up staying with a friend, so it all worked out.  A few hours later when his friends picked him up he was doing better.

Death is difficult for anyone,  I realized yesterday the older you get the easier it is to accept.  I think when you are young you aren't supposed to accept it, youare young after all...the whole world ahead of you.  For me, I am beginning to understand how older, sick people can accept the fact that they are going to die.  I certainly do not want to die anytime soon, but I am beginning to understand.  With age comes wisdom.  Hope your day is a great one, enjoy every single minute...life is very short!

               

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the loss to your extended family.

Enjoy the nice spring day :)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Your son sounds like mine. Very emotional and I think that's a good thing...
May your sons Uncle rest in peace.

Ellen

Anonymous said...

Wonderful sensitive son you have. Paula

Anonymous said...

My son is sensitive like your's is and he always comes to me when he is stressed out or worried about something. I love your beautiful flowers. I hope that the rest of the weekend will a happy and peaceful one for you and your family.
Hugs
Mickie

Anonymous said...

happy birds is always a good sound. I'll say a little prayer for your son. Death is hard to except when your young. Have a great weekend.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Rose,

Life certainly is short.. that's for sure.. :(    I'm sorry to hear about your son's uncle.. I'm sure that was hard on him.   He probably did need to vent and release all the emotion.. good thing you were there for him.

I'm so glad that we are still having cool weather out my way.  It stays so hot most of the year here in the deserts of California, that for it to still be in the 60's in April is highly unusual.  

I'm glad you're enjoying your warm weather, though!  I wish you more of it, if it is what makes you happy! :)

Happy Easter!

Jackie
http://journals.aol.com/siennastarr/Waitingtoexhale/

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love those bright and sunny spring days....I just soak it all in. Glad your son is doing better, poor thing.
Robyn :)

Anonymous said...

I think it does get easier to accept...it is so hard for the young. They think they are immortal and everyone they love is also immortal