Saturday, April 1, 2006

no joke it's 11 years!!

"The first of April
is the day we remember
what we are the other 364 days of the year."
~By Mark Twain~

                             

11 years ago today Mark and I became hubby and wife!    We put together two groups of children, his 5 sons and my 2 sons and daughter.  Fortunately for us the kids knew each other because of youth tackle football and all actually got and still do get along very well.  Almost like blood.  A couple of the kids even wore matching outfits for the wedding!!  We were married in a small cozy church in downtown Oswego.  Who knew then we'd buy a house 2 blocks away.  Mark and I actually went to high school together, he is two years older than me.  He was a popular jock and I was sort-of a dork.  But age is the great equalizer.  He's the dork now!! 

We told the kids that they were not allowed to yell APRIL FOOLS in the middle of the wedding.  None of them did and here we are 11 years later.  Time has gone by quickly, but we sure packed a lot into 11 years.  Mark is still my best friend and I am so blessed to have him in my life.  We both have taken our not so great pasts and learned from them.  I believe for us COMMUNICATION is key to our friendship.  That and a load of help from God.

And that's no joke!

 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seven BOYS!!!!!!!!!!  God give you both strength. LOL! : )

Well, it's a wonderful day for you both and congratulations. : )

Angela

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!!!!   What a great story.

Ellen

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversery Rose,
What a nice story you shared with us.I know you'll not forget April 1st.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Rose,

Thank you so much for stopping by my journal and leaving such a kind and thoughtful comment.
I'm glad you left the link to your journal so I was able to pay you a visit.  I put you on alert, so that I would be able to come back and read more about your "Brady Bunch" lifestyle! :)

Best wishes,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Again, Happy Anniversary, Rose. I agree with you about communication. The happiest couples are couples who are able to *TALK* to each other. Wishing you another wonderful 11 years, hon.
Love you,
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the anniversary. Way to go .  What a day to get married. I love it.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you both. You took on a big job and seems you have been very successful. I love the entry. Paula

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose!  I'm glad someone ELSE thinks I'm as funny as I do!  ha ha!!  Just stoppin' by to tell you HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!  Yeah for you!  I'm so happy that you have made it!  And how many people said you wouldn't?  There is always someone, isn't there?  They SUCK!  hahaha!!!  Hope you had a great day, you deserve it!
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

HEY, i want a pic of you two at the wedding. Come on! Congrats on your wedding anniversary! I hope it was  a happy one and i love that Twain quote.
LOVE YOU,lisa

Anonymous said...

There is another couple here with the same anniversary - good choice, I think!

xoox

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS ROSE~~~

Happy Anniversay AND Happy April Fools Day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope you had day and it sounds like you had a wonderful wedding and you are lucky that all the kids get along so well today and always have....take care.
stay in touch your friend Sara

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose -  

First, I want to say Happy Anniversary to you and Mark.  Eleven years is a long time, now a days (sad, but true).  Congratulations!  Did you celebrate with dinner out?  Second, I want to say that I am sorry to hear about your dog, Trooper.  I lost a dog 7 years ago, she passed away in my arms.  It was very difficult on me.  We invited our friends and family over that evening and had a candle light burial for her.  I'll never forget her.  Third, I'm glad to hear that you had some fun with the kids this week.  Yeah, little ones can wear you out...that's why God gives them to us when we're young!  Lastly, I hope Liz had a great time in Disney with the Choir.  My son was down there at the same time and he had a blast.  The weather was warmer than we are used to here in Chicago and he said that we had Choir kids fainting from the heat in those Choir gowns on stage.  Makes for an exciting trip!  

However, it's time for both of us to get our 'game face' on and grab our bus keys soon!  Tomorrow it's back to driving our little cherubs to and fro.   Safe driving, Rose and get a good nights sleep tonight.  Let's hope our little ones will be tired so they don't cause too much commotion on the bus for us.

Bus Drivers......Drive that Bus!!!!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

I can't believe someone besides me got married on April Fool's Day! Happy Anniversary! Martha :-)