Tuesday, April 25, 2006

oh oh where'd spring go??

ohhhhhhhh it's cold out!  After glorious spring sunshine which has lasted for days we got up to blowing winds and gray skies.  I stepped off my bus to blowing rain and brrrrrrrrrrr chilly downright cold winds. 

With only 6 weeks of school left I have been tolerating smart mouthed preteen girls who are mad at me for writing up their friend for repeatly standing up.  My reply?  "when they get a CDL and turn 21 they can drive a bus and be the boss, until then zip it up!"  Such disrespect. I realize much of it is allowed at home, but as I have always said what's cute at 4, 8 and 11 is NOT cute at 13, 15 and 17!  My short daily trip with these little darlings is nothing compared to a lifetime of dealing with a spoiled kid who then turns into a rotten adult.  Hopely these wanna be woman will out outgrow this phase.

I have 4 disposible cameras filled with pictures of my grandsons.  I think today I will remember to bring them with me so I can drop them off to get them develped.  They've gotten so big -- and so boy-like.  Last weekend when I saw them they were truly turning into little boys, NOT big babies.  Their other grandma is tired of babysitting all day, so hopefully I can watch them after school is out.  It will nearly be summer, warm, sunny and they have pool!!  Fun! fun for grandma!  Plus I just love 'em!

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a young grandma, so you will have lots of fun. I have six grandkids from 2 to 17. When the 17 year-old was young, I was too. Now, I get a little more tired with the little ones. Four hours of babysitting is about my limit now. : )

Angela
PS.....I agree with you about the school bus kids.
I don't know how you drivers do it.

Anonymous said...

Bet you can't wait for summer vacation to have a break from those smart mouth teens. Mostly to sit with your precious little boys. Get in that pool with them. Paula

Anonymous said...

Grandma needs to ask Santa for a digital camera!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I know it, I have worked in the nurse's office in the schools..and some of these middle school kids can be such snots...but for the most part, I loved working with them. Gosh, were we ever that oblivious? ::sigh::

Robyn :)

Anonymous said...

Its cold here too !!  I understand the pre-teen problem, I hear about it from my son about the kids on his bus.

Take Care
Ellen

Anonymous said...

its cold here and my heat is on. I cant wait to see the pics of the grandbabies. I cant wait for school to be out so i dont have to fight with my 14 yr old son every morning. He never wants to get up.
LOVE YOU,lisa

Anonymous said...

It turned cold here today too...55 degrees compard to the 90's we were having a few days ago.  :)
Oh school will be out before you know it...I can't believe it.

Michele
http://journals.aol.com/SamNsmile5/LettingItAllSinkIn

Anonymous said...

Thank God for school vacation, hats off to anyone who drives a bus full of teens aroung- hard work, cheryl
journals.aol.com/cste609371/writingsshortstoriesbyStewart

Anonymous said...

Driving a bus has got to be the hardest thing.  Kids can be so rude and distruptive!

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Yep, that age is a hard one to handle. I'm sure you will a good job handeling it. Have a great weekend.
Hugs, R.C.