Saturday, April 29, 2006

wow!

This has been quite a week!  Don't you just wish that folks in this world or in your little world would just dial it down a bit???  Like in the morning, how about leaving early so you don't have to go around my bus when I am loading your neighbor's kid?  Or how about if you get off your phone while you are driving your little ones to the McDonalds when you could just as easily walk to the beautiful park in your well maintained new subdivision and have a PBJ picnic?  You'd do your kids, yourself and the soaring gas prices a favor!  Not to mention you'd be out of my way so I could do my job.  Or how about if you'd parent you kids and tell them NO once in a while and mean it!???  That would save me from having to listen to your whiny kid as I try and drive through rush hour traffic so I can get your little darling home in one peice!

That doesn't include all the co-workers of mine who think it's their job to correct other bus drivers on their driving abilities.   LIGHTEN UP FOLKS!  One of my co-workers who brings my early childhood kids in to school even wrote up a 3 year old because he wouldn't say he was sorry for hitting another kid!  The kid is 3 and can barely answer a question you ask him.  This 3 year old is in a special needs class for a reason!! He's special and has no clue as to what I am sorry is or why he hit his friend.  And even if he did, don't write him up!  Then I got to be the one who listened to his mother at the bus stop rant about how she thinks this little write up will be on his record for life.  It won't be, but she is the Earth momma type who take these things personally.  I know I am not that awesome, but I do know how kids are as well as parents, AND know how to talk to them.  <whew!!>  I am feeling much better now!

With only 5 more weeks of school I have finally had to assign seats on my grade school bus.  My 5th graders all think they are all ready for Junior high and can't be bothered to deal with the little kids without calling them stupid or telling them to shut up.  SOOOOOO rather than punish all of them, I re-organized my bus.  Put the little seat jumpers in front, the "I'm all that" girls in the middle and the kids that actually behave in the back.  Problem solved! See I am teachable and next year I am doing the same thing right from the start!

It's all about the presentation when you are dealing others...and how you say it...I should have been a psych major! ;)

For me it's all good on bus 30.  Especially now that I can drive in peace!

Two more of my little grandsons:

Liz and Dakota, in his Purdue football shirt (from grandma of course!), this from this past Feburary a couple of days right before he got hospitalized for pnemonia.  He just doesn't look right does he?

Jacob and his Mohawk. He's wearing an University of Illinois shirt from Uncle Jim.  Uncle Matt cut their hair.  My stepsons have always cut their own hair or each others. 

There are days I look back and miss my kids being teenagers.  I miss all the sports, the togetherness and the chaos in the house.  BUT I also am and grateful of the quiet, the freedom and the joy of just being with my husband, he can be a pain, but he is my best friend and that's so cool.

Besides now I have the grandkids to cheer on!

Have a great weekend!! 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dakota is such a cutie....i hope he is feeling better! I wish you were with me when poo hit the fan when Chad was beat up. You are so calm and smart you could have taken care of these buttheads here.
I cant wait for school to get out for the year.
LOVE,lisa

Anonymous said...

I know just what you mean!! Glad all is well on bus 30!
Beautiful photos too :-)

Anonymous said...

Sounds as if you need a break. It's getting to you. God bless you bus drivers. I don't know how you do it!

Again, the kids are adorable. : ) : ) : )

Angela

Anonymous said...

Your job is stressful and you've done a great job of staying on top of it all. Said it before but have to tell you again. YOUR kids are blessed to have you for a driver.
Love you
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

Hey Rose,

You're preaching to the choir here!  I feel the same way as you do about this traffic and the kids sometimes while I'm driving my bus.  Everybody is always in such a big hurry all of the time.  

My kids thought I was mad at them yesterday because I wasn't talking to them.  I told them I was deep in concentration because;  it was a Friday, the weather was beautiful, the bright sun created a big glare on everything and EVERYBODY left work early and was on the streets and in a hurry to get nowhere.  I'll say it again, this is NOT an easy job, but one that we both obviously love very much.  

Your grandkids are so precious.  I'm glad you live close to them.  I'll bet you're counting down the time until you get to spend the summer with them.  How has Tracey been feeling?  Are the boys excited?  

Keep in touch, hon!

Kathy


Anonymous said...

WoW,sounds like you really had a rough week.I hope that you have a great weekend. Like your pictures.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

I so agree with you , if people would dial it down a bit, my job would be easier also. Great pictures.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

The Mohawk is too adorable.

Anonymous said...

I say this all the time, I wish you drove my kids to school !!!!
Love the pictures.
Take Care
Ellen

Anonymous said...

What an awesome bus driver you are!  You have definitely got it down to a science, haven't you?  You go girl!  If you have to drive those kids, then it might as well be as pleasant as you can make it! :)

I miss my kids being little too... <sigh>    My home gets a bit lonely, with just me in it..

Hugs,
Jackie