Friday, April 14, 2006

wow I am here!

 The warm, and I mean warm bright and sunny weather of this past week has brought back all the joy of living life for me.  Our little trip to Indy and the awesome Minister we saw gave my soul the boost I was seeking.  I feel refreshed and renewed.

Spring is truely in the air!  It's been 80 degrees for the past few days, sunny and awesome!  I've been busy at work, too.  We have our Bus Evacuation drills, and I attended a class on autiusm.  Wednesday and Thursday for 5 hour days, but I seem to work more on those days.  Today is the last day off of this school year.  I told my junior high kids that we have 6 straight weeks of school before Memorial day.  They all groaned, leave it to the bus driver to wreck their day. 

My student who I've had so much trouble with moved back with her mom and dad.  At least that is what her foster sister is telling me.  The girl has told me about her parents before, it's hard to tell what is the truth, wishful thinking or her preception, I wish her the best though.  Hopefully being with her birth parents will help her straighen out...

Mark is back to work full time, THANK GOD!  His motorcycle ( 1980 Harley Davidson full dresser, a big bike) is in the shop and we should be able to get it out this week.  We didn't ride at all last summer as the bike needed some minor stuff done to it & I am looking forward to many carefree nights and weekends of riding.  Plus the added benefit is fuel costs, he can drive it to work, safe a bunch on gas.

We are watching the boys tomorrow evening.  We really don't do much for Easter.  I try to cook a ham, I am not big fan of ham, but Mark likes it.  My son Eric is mad because Menards is open and he has to work.  When I drove my paper route for years I always worked holidays, everyday for that matter.  Most likely we will just be together as a family greatful for the true meaning of the day.

Whatever your believes, I wish you a wonderful weekend!

Happy Spring and Happy Easter!

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the visit Rose
I always look foeward to reading your journal...
May you have a great Easter holiday look forward to hear about it and any pics

Take care, stay in touch love ya your friend Sara

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose,

Glad to hear that you're doing fine.  It's been a while since we heard from you.  I know I speak for many, but we have missed you!  

I wish your student well with her return to her birth parents.  Perhaps her anger and confusion has been the brunt of her poor behavior with everyone, including you.  

I'm glad to hear that Mark is back into his regular routine again.  Yes, this weather has been warm...too warm, too quick in my opinion.  I hope you get the bike back before this Chicago weather turns to snow showers again.  You can't depend on this weather here at all at this time of year.

Happy to hear that your trip went well and that you are feeling refreshed in both body and spirit.   I have had a lot of my mind lately and I have been feeling quite anxious.   I could use some prayers for relaxation.  

I love hearing from you Rose.  Enjoy your family this Easter holiday.

Your friend,

Kathy G.

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter to you too! I am very glad you enjoyed your trip :)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

A very happy Easter to you and your family. I want some pictures of you on your Harley !!!!

Hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter, dear girl. Sounds as if you have the spirit!

God bless,
Angela

Anonymous said...

Oh i am so happy my Rose is happy. Rick loves ham and if he knew you had a Harley he would be so jealous. He has a Honda. I cant believe the school year is not far from being over....time flies. Its raining here tonight. I love you and i hope your Easter brings even more happiness.
XOXOX lisa

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your feeling better. Long Harley rides sounds great. I hope you have fun.
Have a great week end.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter to you too. Enjoy the long weekend weekend! Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

Ooops, sorry about writing weekend twice. Guess it was so nice I had to say it twice ;-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Weekend and Easter  Rose,
So glad to hear you had a wonderful time and returned home safely. I know that you'll enjoy your Grandkids and I hope that you enjoy your next 6 weeks on your job.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Rose. I'm not into the big hoopla either. Just remembering the meaning and being together is enough for me. Paula

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose..

Glad you are feeling so up and springy.. hee   :)

I'm not a big fan of Ham either.. the only time I really enjoy eating it is when it's the Honey Baked version.  Now THAT is good!  Otherwise...FEH!  I don't like it! lol

I hope you and yours have a wonderful Easter today!!

Best wishes..

Jackie