Tuesday, January 30, 2007

seriously...I hate cold!

Dayton, not a sick baby...just a drooly one

Seriously, folks I gotta think about moving to a warmer climate.  I know, I know it's cold in Florida, but not this cold.  I thought this winter was supposed to be an el nino year!!  The predictions are for subzero temperatures for at least as far as they predict.  UGH!

Today, my grade school kids were all wild and goofy from being cooped up all day.  I got near my first dropoff & I am called back to the school.  Seems one of my 5th graders had made a pitstop (bathroom) and missed the bus!  Another bus was already there being "talked" to by the principal.  I made a idle threat to mine about being next for the talk, but told them I'd give them a pass because of the weather.

Before my trip back the radio was a buzz with all the call in for cars/SUV's in the ditch.  The weather here was clear, sunny, but windy causing drifting and slipper roads.  Happens every year.  Thankfully, none were buses, just speedy citizens.

Now I am finally getting caught up with all my alerts...sounds like it's cold everywhere.

This weekend is the Superbowl and the Chicago Bears are in it.  I am really not into the whole thing, but will pay attention because after all a local team is playing.

We are going to try another visit from the urp brothers...an overnight.  As of yesterday they were still sick...poor babies!

pre urp...Jacob

and Dakota...his hair is really getting long...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dakotas eyes are going to get him in trouble with the ladies when he grows up, lol!

Hey, I am moving with you some place warm! It's really cold here too - and my front porch is solid ice! I have to take the dogs out through the garage every time they go out - which is about hourly. Brrrr!!

Have fun with the kiddos! No more urp-ing!

xxoo

Anonymous said...

They (who ever they is) say our rains are causes by El Nino too and when it is over the drought may not be over. Never heard of El Nino until the last few years. lol Paula

Anonymous said...

It has been cold in Ca. this year,I mean cold.I hate the heat,but the cold isn't any better. Baby is so cute and that's s a pretty picture of you also. Hope the kids will
be good for you at school.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

It is seriously cold here, too!  I have been feeling a little cooped up myself, so I can relate to your bratty bus kids. When my face hurts if I go outside...that's just wrong.

Anonymous said...

It got pretty cold here too. Those boys are adorable.
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

adorable boys!  Stay warm! xoxBarbara

Anonymous said...

I am such a wimp and wish it was 70 all year long ha!  Stay warm :)

Kara

Anonymous said...

It is about 17 degrees here...way too cold for me, too...I like it hot.