Saturday, September 20, 2008

http://soldiersangels.org/index.php?page=adopt-a-soldier

 

I have never figured out how to put links on a journal tied to a picture so the above link is for a group called Soldiers' Angels.  This organization was recommended to me a while ago. I adopted a soldier and truly  feel the need to get the word out.  The other day I was sent a couple of emails from the group for the need for more people to adopt our soldiers.  When the political parties started bad mouthing the President for the war I knew I had to take some sort of action.  The war is a reality, agree or not, our men and women are still there fighting for our freedom.  It was the least I could do to help out.  It's not a big thing...a few cards a month...a care package here and there.  There's even an online store with prepackaged items that all you do is order & click your payment and off it goes.  Easy enough.  I was thrilled when I got an email AND a card of thanks from my soldier.  If you know a group such as a church, youth, scouts or such that would be willing to make this commitment just go to the link or go there yourself.  You will never regret it.

I try and remember that life is a process when I get bogged down by the daily ups and downs of life.  This week I have worked to at a least 6:30 every evening.  Mark worked the post office route again, a split shift ending at after 8 PM.  I am the type that can take a lot of stress, this week when I felt stressed out I took a walk...or took a nap.  The beauty of my job is I can take catnaps during layovers.  It's amazing how comfy a bus seat can be.  Or a walk in the neighborhood during sports trips.  Driving children in this crazy fast paced world is very stressful.  Especially since the honeymoon period is over and a couple of my kids on all of my routes are starting to push my rules.  The high school route only  one kid and he's easy enough to get into line.  The junior high route is a long a couple of busy highways with two stops that at least one car goes by my stop arm while my student is getting off the bus.  One crazy lady even tried to pass 2 cars behind me to pass on the right side.  The poor shocked kid could only scream STOP you stupid lady.  She did and from now on I move over as far as I can on the large shoulder.  People are nuts, they are getting to be more careless on the road too.  My grade school route is large from an upper middle class neighborhood, but they are very in to making the adults happy so they are easy to manage.

As for the stepson...things are getting worse, as a couple we have decided to see my favorite therapist to discuss an action plan.  I think the kid needs to be put out.  His actions are still out of control.  Mark thinks keeping the kid busy will help, but the kid is so used to conning that it's become a habit.  I think he should go to rehab, as he uses alcohol as an escape.  We shall see what my friend says.

Today is a day off, except for my evening of work with Mrs. H.  Tomorrow is going to be a gorgeous day and we have motorcycle fundraiser to go to.  We went last year.  It's for ovarian cancer research on behalf of a friend who died from the disease.  She started something special a few years ago and her husband has kept it going.

Now I need to attend to the dust in my living room...

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rose, hope you have a nice stress - free weekend, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the link to Soldiers Angels.  That is a wonderful idea.  I'm going to check it out today.
I can see why driving kids would be stressful.  You are blessed with the ability to tame them.  Hope you are able to come up with a plan to help your stepson.  Such a difficult thing to get a handle on when they are adults still thinking like children.
I'll be praying for you and your concerns.
Hugs, Kathy

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the email alerts, I really appreciate them.
What a wonderful thing your doing for our soldiers. I will have to check that out.
I wish you drove my kids to school : (
Hugs
Ellen

Anonymous said...

The beauty of your job?  The beauty of it all is that YOU see so much beauty in the small things. I do the Soldiers' Angels program also & I enjoy it very much.  Pudding & gummie bears seem to be popular :-).

Anonymous said...

I am a Soldier Angel too and it's AWESOME!

They also have Chemoangels....for people going through Chemo.  

Whoever makes up these organizations should get a huge reward in Heaven....

((hugs))
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Hello, from another Soldiers Angel:) It's been a wonderful thing for my family and I to be involved in,also!
Kathi

Anonymous said...

I am praying for a GOOD resolution to the step son thing. Keep me posted. How do i get to that soldier angel place? I will check it out. I think Bush is an ass and this war is and was SO wrong but i respect ALL military, all of them. These kids are saving our lives.
Did you get the plate on the crazies who went around your bus? In Ohio, you can lose your license and go to jail on the first time you do that......which is  GOOD.
LOVE YOU SWEET Rose.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Soldiers' Angels!!! We are so happy to have you!!!!! If you need anything or have any questions, please contact me or your area CTL... Again, welcome!!!

Tawnya