Sunday, September 14, 2008

rain rain go away...

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else - you are the one who gets burned."
- The Buddha

 

Rain, rain and more rain...with or without Ike we have had steady rain for 3 days and nights.  Not as bad as 1995 when roads were impassible, but worse than last summer when the park next to the river was floated (flooded) as Jacob called it.   The rain gauge at Mrs. H apartment complex spilled over at 5 inches...

Things concerning our children are going downhill...haven't seen the grand kids, but once in weeks, the two little guys came over with their dad for a little bit...Dayton cried when they had to go, other grandma intercepts them before I can...my youngest stepson got his cast off (he cut his tendons 5 weeks ago right before he came here) Friday, he left on the train to go back to where he used to live (ex girl <who put him in jail> friend's house ??)saying he was going to a friends and hasn't been heard from since.  Funny thing girlfriend hasn't called her normal 10 times a day...The weather has prevented Mark from working construction for 3 weeks.

BUT...what goes down MUST come up...I always always try and find the silver lining even in a downpour...the kids always need dependable Grandma Roses (as Dayton calls me), my stepson will do what he does until he gets sick of it or has to go back to jail...and there is plenty of work hauling mail for Mark...PLUS...I have sports trips every day after work...overtime...more than makes up for the losses...God provides, even in the midst of the storm.

And I finally made it to church today...did somebody call the minister and tell him I was coming?...because he sure was talking to me this morning...

Despite it all I am at = ) ! 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rose, hope the rain lets up soon, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

I always admire your great attitude Rose!
Hugs, Martha

Anonymous said...

Don't ya just love the way kids say things? So cute! Wish you could send us a little rain. Isn't that always the way it is? Too much or too little. Paula

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for better days ahead for you. You make me ashamed for the
times I conplain. I know how much you love and must miss your little
grandkids.
Hugs
Mickie

Anonymous said...

So sad with little grandkids at times. :(  Sure hope things get better soon. Know what you mean about the preacher talking to you. lol How would you like to have your son as your minister. lol lol Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

I read an article in Newsweek about kids in S Cal walking miles to school with two designated parents walking with them because they can not afford to bus even those who should be legally bussed. I do not agree with that but i am pessimist who sees bad men lurking everywhere. I also walked or rode my bike all over when i was a teen and kid but today is different.
I am sorry for the strife with your stepson. Glad Mark still has the mail to send! XOXO

Anonymous said...

I read an article in Newsweek about kids in S Cal walking miles to school with two designated parents walking with them because they can not afford to bus even those who should be legally bussed. I do not agree with that but i am pessimist who sees bad men lurking everywhere. I also walked or rode my bike all over when i was a teen and kid but today is different.
I am sorry for the strife with your stepson. Glad Mark still has the mail to send! XOXO

Anonymous said...

I think Grandma Roses is a perfect name for you.

Anyone can talk to you, say the right things, but you have to listen, & act upon it. You are good at that.
~Mary

Anonymous said...

help in allentown  drugs are been sold to are kids by Dawn she work at hess expess in allentown pa 702 n 19 th st  

Anonymous said...

So sorry you're going through a rough patch.  It's encouraging to hear that you grasp the silver lining because honestly there always is one.  My children NEVER hear from their grandparents on one biological side, and it's very sad for them, so having contact with yours is critical.  Even if you can't see them, always let them know you are there.  Mine have step-grandparents who give far more than their share to make up for what mine lack.  Keep loving, because in the end, it's the children that matter most!  

I hope things smooth out for you, and just know you are in the prayers of loads of good people here.

Sue

Anonymous said...

That lining is always there, but sometimes it takes a while to shine!