Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ike comes to Illinois

The rain started Thursday night and hasn't stopped yet.  They (the weather) says it's not even the worst yet...Ike will be heading up here tomorrow.  Northern Illinois already has 9 inches of rain. 

The two local high school teams played each other last night...the cross town challenge it's called.  Besides team buses, equipment buses, cheerleaders, student fans, cheerleaders, along with fans bused to another school because of limited parking.  I drove one of the four band buses...stood in the rain for an hour and watched the game until we sought refuge on one of our buses.  My school easily won.   My bus was saved the mud of the team as I had the drum section of the band and all they were was wet, happy and singing the 5 miles back to their own school. 

Today is more rain, and working with Mrs. H...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We got at least 10 inches in Kansas. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

I had a terrifying experience with Ike here in Florida too as it passed us. I got caught in a small tornado at 6 in the morning while driving to work. I swear I didn't think I was going to make it out alive! Be very careful with whatever weather is coming your way Rose. Hugs, Martha

Anonymous said...

Please stay safe. Isn't it odd, they were saying it was going to hit Corpus and we are only 80 miles from there. It didn't and we never got a drop of rain. Paula

Anonymous said...

How scary,you be careful and have a good day tomorrow.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Wow, we are getting rain but nothing like you...be careful!! Sounds  like the trip to the game but not too bad..good for you! XO

Anonymous said...

We got a crapload of it too! Those storms sure are powerful.