Sunday, January 1, 2006

2006

2006 has started off in  fine fashion.  I did the vacation laundry, Mark cooked, I vacuumed the cat hair, Mark scraped all the mud that has built up around the back door drain (we are having a heat wave, it's 40.  I started to crochet a baby blanket for the new one, Mark played online poker...

Just a normal relaxing Sunday after a vacation...I love saying vacation!  That is a word I am going to use more often in the future! 

Florida was great, vacations are great!  Eating scallops and shrimp by the waterfront watching the sea gulls fly above is GREAT!  Sleeping in is great, being warmed by the Florida sun is really great!  Being a goofy tourist with white legs and running in the waves in the gulf is great!

People do drive  really, really fast down there, nothing like trying to cross the street and not get hit by a blue haired granny in a big caddy! 

I am a lucky, lucky girl to have a dad who picked an awesome place to retire!  And being the only daughter and the apple of his eye really, really helps!!  AND bringing the other favorite, his granddaughter sure didn't hurt either!

2006 sure is going to be great!

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your Dad invites you again soon. Yes it doesn't hurt to be the only daughter and the apple of his eye. Lucky you, Paula

Anonymous said...

I love saying Vacation also , sure wish it was time for one. I'm ready.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

so glad you had a great vacation...I need one sooooo badly!! think I am going to do something around easter time maybe..if not, then for New Years eve 2006!

Robyn :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose -

I am so glad you are back home...even though you might not be.  I have missed hearing from you.   Happy to hear you had a wonderful time on your trip.  Eating shrimp, getting sun, toes in the sand, seeing Daddy....what a great bunch of memories.  

I can't wait to see your pictures, it will make all of us jealous!

Glad you're home,
Keep those cards and letters coming.....

Happy New Year to you, hon!

Kathy G.

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm happy you're happy. : )

Angela

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you were able to enjoy this time away. Where are the pics?! No one deserves a rest from the wild world than you Rose!
Love, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

It must be nice to be able to visit your Dad and in Florida also, so happy that you
had such a nice time.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Hello Rose

Sounds like you had a good holiday and vacation,lucky you that you got to goto florida and enjoy the warm weather. Do you have any pictures? I'd love to see them. Can you believe its already January with a new year. My daughters bday is
Jan 23rd she will be 7 (my youngest). We didnt go far the past summer but I plan on going back up north this summer. And spend more days on the beach there.

well have a goodnite take care, lots of love your friend Sara Priest

Anonymous said...

It can get even better. Save your pennies and FLY down next time! Third time, add on a weekend cruise!
xoxo