Wednesday, January 18, 2006

my kid---tim

 

Matt and Tim

My son Tim is 23 years old, a college graduate, has a great job.  He went to school at Purdue, I was so proud and still am.  He graduated last summer.  While in school he was a member of a Frat or fraternity as I am correct by Tim.  John Kennedy even belonged to a chapter of this fraternity.  But with all groups and being in college and being male they have their habits, rituals and gatherings.  He has kept some of the friends from this time along with friends he had in high school  My son has moved to a nearby town from here which happens to be a college town.  Put it this way his roommate and he have a bar that would put most clubs to shame.  He likes the whole "group" attitude and regularly goes out with his friends or has parties. 

One of his hangouts had a contest last weekend.  It was put on by Pabst Blue Ribbon beer.  My understanding was that you got tickets to drink beer and who had the most won a bike.  Imagine my horror and shock when I saw this bike on my son's away message~I had images of my son drinking bottles and bottles of beer, getting alcohol poisoning, being carried to the emergency room puking, and passed out.

Silly mom!  It was a raffle, and the more tickets you had the better the chance of winning!  Which meant the more you had gave you a better chance to win, not the MOST you had won.

God I am getting to old for this!

Plus now my kid will get some exercise, now he can ride his bike to the bar!

PS:  I have taught my kids to never, ever drink and drive!

 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that a collection of shot glasses on his wall, too? At first I thought thimbles, so I looked again, lol!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Your so cute Rose!
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

You're the best as far as mothers go Rose. Nice looking young men. Paula

Anonymous said...

I would have thought the same thing !!!  I am struggling through middle school with my son, time sure must go fast with these kids !

Ellen

Anonymous said...

I would have thought the same thing you did. Does that make us overprotective ? Oh, well, they will always be our baby boys. LOL.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Rose, thats a really COOL bike!!!!!!!
God knows i need to ride a bike for exercise but i am too fat and embarressed to get on one. Your son sounds so smart and so awesome. I know how proud you must be!
LOVE YOU, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Hey Rose....
You have brough your kids up right and been the best mom am sure. He is one outstanding guy and whoever will become his wife should be very proud of him.
That is really cool that he own that bike and its a very nice looking one at that, make him use it though or I will come get it lol since I ride my to school/home.
Its great exercise if youre in shape for it I found out lol Anyways, congrats to him
I never win anything but I always try and enter. Thanks for sharing, keep in touch love ya your friend Sara