Saturday, January 28, 2006

rainy saturday

I had a sports trip this morning.  For the past few months I've been getting nice 4 hour short trips with either the boys fresman or boys JV basketball teams.  The guys usually listen to CD players or sleep the trip away.  Today though I had the girls JV team.  AND BOY are they loud.  The talk the whole time, screech and at one point during the trip a bunch of them scream YAH!  I am not used to such high pinched noise.  Oh well pays the same.  Plus another driver was there and we went out and had breakfast.

I read in the paper today that American's pets are getting fat.  This includes cats.  I have four including the $500 cat.  This big boy is fat.   His name is Newton and I am thinking he weighs 16 pounds.  He is no longer a man hasn't been one in a long time so he has that pocket of skin that hangs when he runs.  Every since he's had that problem peeing and he had to have a hospital stay last summer I had to change his cat food.  He gets the expensive stuff now, which means along with the three other cats they eat more.  I guess because it tastes better.  Now I can see how you can get a dog to lose weight, just walk them more, toss a ball or run with them.  A cat?  Newty would look pretty embarrassed walking down the street with a harness 'exercising' his love handles, don't you think?  Or maybe I should get a taboe tape!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like my daughter's cat Midnight. Yeah hard to get them to excercise. They usually do as they darn please, but what would we do without them? Paula

Anonymous said...

You get weight off a cat by feeding them less. I had one cat out of 3 get fat, so I had to start putting out a measured amount of food for them twice a day, all in separate rooms so there wasn't any fighting. They had 15 minutes to eat their food. Then I took it away. It didn't take long for them to catch on to having meals instead of a neverending bowl, and the fat cat thinned down and became much healthier. If your cat doesn't have a slow thyroid, you might want to limit his food. Our pets are too fat only if we overfeed them, otherwise!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

There's a lady that used to live here, that would walk her cat with a leash, just like a dog! Couldn't believe it, and now that you bring this up, can't even remember how long ago it was. BUT, it was!! rich

Anonymous said...

I think that girls are a lot harder then boys are. I don't mean all girls but guys are
happy listening to their CD's and girls love to chat,laugh etc.and I am getting to old
for that,so I know how you feel.
I haven't had cats,just dogs,horses and birds. I think most cats are beautiful though.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

I love the chubby little cat !!!! LOL- Yes, girls are alot louder than boys !!! And girls love to talk !

Take Care
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Good luck getting Newton to do any exercize lol.  But at least he won't eat people food, that has to help.  But whatever, I love the fat kitty. :)  Love you!!  See you Monday!

Anonymous said...

My beagle, Buddy, is very fat. We have tried putting him on a diet but so far, no good. Megan is a great student but she is SO loud when shes hyped up! I bet your nerves were a bit frayed withthose girls on that bus!

LOVE YOU,lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Sammie had a leash and harnes for Calvin. He didn't like it much. I never saw him being walked , but I bet it was funny looking. I have a fat cat too. Looks a little like yours.
Hugs, R.C.