Wednesday, January 4, 2006

FLORIDA!

Here's happy Rose on the BEACH in FLORIDA!

 

Mark, Liz and I spent Thursday on the Resondo Beach in St Pete.  It was a glorious day, clear, sunny with a wonderful breeze.

Mark hates to have his picture taken, but since he was actually having a good time he was actually happy! 

We had plenty of people to watch too, which is one of my favorite things to do when I am some place new.  There were plenty to see too, a tipsy housewife trying to find her hotel, joggers, kids building sand castles or trying to skim board, old people of all shapes and sizes power walking down the beach.  We even took a walk to the pier, the sad thing is that many of the beach front motels, hotels and little old homes are being torn down to build huge, expensive condos.  Luckily I have a dad who already has a place just 5 minutes from the beach.

Liz and I in the cabana, Toni sprung for a rental, which she said I HAD to have.  Actually I would have been just as happy with a towel on the beach, but she wanted me to feel special & pampered so I let her.  The next day my father was being a poop, and Mark didn't want to be in the sun anymore  so Toni, Liz and I came back to this very spot.  Toni spent every summer here as a wee one.  She is a very nice lady, I couldn't have picked a better stepmom.  And since we are close in age and my Liz can act like an old lady we all got along great.

One night after dinner we hurried to the beach to see this wonderful sunset.

Can't wait until next year...this vacation stuff is going to become a habit!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. It's so cold in NY now that I wouldn't mind that beach. : )
Nice photos. You can see the happiness.
Angela

Anonymous said...

OH HOW I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO BE WITH YOU GUYS! I HAVE MISSED GOING TO THE BEACH NOW FOR THREE OR FOUR YEARS, AND IT IS KILLING ME! LOL
THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FOR THOSE PICTURES...THAT SUNSET WAS OUTSTANDING! BEAUTIFUL, I COULD ACTUALLY HEAR THOSE WAVES!
THANKS AGAIN,
CARLENE

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures. I'm jealous. I want to go to .
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

WOW, LOOK AT YOUR SEXY SELF IN A BIKINI TOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so so so happy you were able to go. The ocean looks divine and you are so beautiful.
LOVE, lj

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose -

Thanks for the pictures.  It is so hard to believe that something that warm and beautiful can be visited, relatively easily, when we're all stuck in the Midwest with snow and wind chills at this time of year.  I can see why you had such a hard time coming back home and putting on shoes, coats and mittens.   I can almost hear you screaming, "NO!"

That sunset is beautiful too.

Don't you come home asking yourself.....WHY DO WE LIVE HERE?  If it were'nt for the kids, grandkids and settled lifestyle, that answer would be...LET'S GO SOUTH!

Now, back to reality.......Brrrrrr,

Kathy G.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures,and you do look so beautiful and happy. It's great that you were able to go to see your Dad and enjoy the beauty around you with ones you love.
Hugs
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Yep I would say that is a happy couple and  relaxed. So happy you were able to go. Paula

Anonymous said...

Hey Rose. Man Im jeselous the beach looks like alot of fun with the sand,people and sun. I hope I can get back to our vacation spot on the beach up north those are some great sun sets too. U have some great pictures too happy that you share them. Im off to jump into baththub before my husband gets home with dinner. I mved my bed and room abit so I smell lol. But have a great nite take care and keep in touch love ya your friend always Sara

Anonymous said...

You really know how to hurt a guy. lol rich

Anonymous said...

You DO look happy, kiddo; like you're having the time of your life, and I have no doubt you were. Cure picture of you and your hubby. Hope your next vacation comes around REAL FAST!
Hugs and much love, of course.
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK
        http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/THERESTOFTHESTORY

Anonymous said...

ohhhh...that looks soooo good....wish i was there!!

Robyn :)

Anonymous said...

You look great, Rose! Why wait a year? Long weekends are nice in Florida...xoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh, it looks so warm and wonderful!!  I love the new colors on your journal, too!