Thursday, January 12, 2006

The sun came out!

Ok Lisa asked for it, here's bad a'ma making Jacob look at the camera from the Thanksgiving party.

Me and Dakota, after a sleep over--he likes his picture taken, but wanted the camera.

It's funny how two kids can be so very different.  Jacob sleeps like an old man.  When he's ready he goes to sleep, throws his arm over his face and snores.  Dakota on the other hand, which by the way is the one I am in charge of during the sleepovers, wakes up every 2 hours screaming his head off.  He usually goes right back to sleep, but when you are not used to a screaming 1 year old it will really jump start your heart.  It's not because he's not at home in his own bed, he does it there too. 

But I don't care it's worth it.  These two little nuts are my joy, besides they are pretty cheap entertainment too!

This weekend we are taking Jeremy and Tracey to a new restaurant for their birthdays.  Liz will be babysitting, she's nervous, but at her age she's well ready to watch two toddlers for a few hours.  I was the oldest in my family and used to babysit mobs of kids before I even got out of the 7th grade.  But Liz is the youngest, always either been watched over by big brothers or on her own.  She'll be fine.

Plus Mike is going back to college.  She will need a diversion, young love can be a pain for the parents.  They sure take a long break at Southern Illinois University, 4 weeks, must be nice.  I wonder if I can drive a school bus for them? 

I went to the doctor yesterday for my yearly groping, nurse told me my blood pressure was 110 over 60, at least my job hasn't effected that!  I really don't hold much in, pretty much a direct-no B.S. type. 

The weather here has been very, very unusal, 50's and finally sunny.  It's supposed cool off a bit and go right back up to 40's next week.  Nice!

Plus I have a 3 day weekend---can't beat that!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable pictures. I can tell how much you love the grandchildren. We are waiting on our son's and his wife's first child to be born. She (Jennifer Joy) is due any day now. Stay healthy hon. I've a feeling those precioius little ones are going to give you a run for your money.
Love you
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

Cute photos.   I miss having little babies..although, not the waking up all hours of the night.!!!
Take Care

Ellen

Anonymous said...

The babies are getting bigger! I saw sunlight here yesterday too, but today it's raining again and tomorrow it will snow. I really miss summer.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Honey,
You can tell you love those sweet little Grandkids of ours,and I must say they are adorable. Enjoy your three day off.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Hey Rose, Is that you in the pics...what a sweet & beautiful looking lady you are and your hair is really long I want it lol. Mine used to be too before I continue choppin it off....and now I've let it grow its just below my shoulders. Jacob and Dakota are cute handsome lil guys they are both your grandkids right? Wow four weeks off school well I had three, one alone and two with the kids we all went back on Jan 9th and its going good with my ged classes and Hubby is loving his job he is now after a month a crew trainer and has gotten a 1.75 raise. Plus he works all week and has sat/sun off work lol which of course I love. His mom stopped by this afternoon and bought his mail and asked for money we own her,
but her husband owns my mom $180 plus we have Carlys bday Jan 23 and Im gonna get my liscense back...anyways im babbling away here...i will let you know, just keep in touch take care love ya your friend always Sara

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures. It's been nice here too. Suppose to be 28 tonight. I wish it would make up it's mind. Everyone is sick from all the switching around. I just want them to stay away from me. LOL.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

ABOUT TIME WITH THE PIC, pretty lady!!!!! Thank you so much. You are so cute.
Dakota has adorable BUT rotten written all over him. LOL
I hope you enjoy your weekend. I LOVE YOU, lisa jo