Friday, March 31, 2006

now I know why I work!

I now know why young woman not old ladies have the babies, I don't do daycare for a living or watch my grandkids full time!  I love these two boys but WOW are they busy!  They both were very good, but much of the time I played referee.  Jacob will be 3 in June so he is well able to play by himself, UNTIL Dakota (15 months, clueless as to how to cooperate), ---monster comes and destroys whatever his brother is playing with. 

The weather on Monday was cold and they still thought it was cool that 'ama was there so they were very good.  Jacob's being potty trained so we did great with the whole being a big boy standing up going potty thing.  Tuesday Liz came with me so again, babysitting was a snap.  By Wednesday, Grandma was old news so they decided to push me around.  We ended up going to a local park a couple a blocks away.  Silly me didn't put a pull up on Jacob and as soon as we go there he peed his pants.  BAD Grandma!  So back we went.  But first we got to watch a backhoe dig up a yard.  Great stuff when you're 2.

Yesterday was a nicer day outside so we went out again.  After fighting over toys  with Dakota in the sand box for awhile, and then getting mad because Grandma couldn't charge the battery in the powerwheel, Jacob decided to march up and down the hills in the empty lot next door.  He didn't even get in trouble for stomping down the weeds like he did when he tried to kick over daddy's scrubs!   After all that fun neither boy wanted to go inside.  But it was naptime.

The nice thing was both boys are easy to get to take a nap so I had a couple of hours of quiet time.  I picked up, swept and folded a load of laundry for Tracey.  All in all I mostly enjoyed the freedom of  being off work and not being at home.  Being at home during my break usually means I sit on the computer all day or clean.  Being with the boys was better!

Today was supposed to be a rain day for Mark and Jeremy so I didn't watch the boys.  We never got the huge rainstorm only the wind. So with Liz being gone Mark and I got a preview of being empty nesters.  So far so good.

Liz went on her Choir trip Wednesday morning to Orlando.  They performed yesterday and they do have a blog but I can't get the picutures to copy to post.  Liz is even in one.  She is having fun even though she wasn't sure she'd get along with some of the girls.  Her best friend from the other school went also so she is enjoying herself despite her pre trip bad attitude.  Today they just got to run around Disney and see the sites.  Tomorrow they are going to a clinic and then it's back on the bus to go home.  Short trip, I know!

The picture below is from her play last December, Liz is third from right, Em fourth.

My dog Trooper passed away this past Tuesday.  My husband took it very hard as he was the only dog he had for any length of time.  He was over 10 years old and a Brittney Spaniel.  He was a loyal friend.  He took his job to watch over our family seriously.  I know he was comfortable when he went and I am glad we didn't have to put him down...just like him to not make things difficult for us.  A bit hyper but always loyal that was our Trooper!  He sure will be missed!  Plus he always got a long with the cats!

               

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Read your entire entry but must admit I forgot all of it when I saw the graphic at bottom. LOL. That is just sooo funny!!
Kids, precious as they are, do wear us grandmothers out. But hey, kiddo, you're not a great grandmother yet. Just wait till you are. When I get around the little ones I'm worn out twice as soon as you'd be, I'm sure.
   Short trip for Liz but she's having a good time - and that's great. Did I forget to tell you how special you are to me? YEP! I did. Well, you are, Rose. You're one of God's sweetest gifts to me.
Love you very much>
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your Trooper. My daughter just called me that their 13 year old dog Shivers can't get up. They have already had him to the vet and things doesn't look good. They just had to put their oldest cat down. They love their animals so much  it is so hard when they get old. Sounds like you had fun with your kiddies. Paula

Anonymous said...

Just reading what you did while you babysat the boys made me tired!!  I hope I have the energy to do it when the time comes....not too soon though.  :)
So sorry to hear about your dog....it's tough losing a pet!  Sounds like a fun trip school trip....enjoy what little quiet time you have left.  :)
Michele
http://journals.aol.com/SamNsmile5/LettingItAllSinkIn

Anonymous said...

I am SO sorry about Trooper . I know that is hard on a family. I've been there.
I use to love nap time when my kids were little !!
Ellen

Anonymous said...

OH NO, Rose! I am so so so sorry for the loss of Trooper. When Maddie and Buddy die, i am going to need therapy.
I loved reading about your week with the Rugrats..lol. Sounds like you had your hands full but i know you had a great time. Those two boys are so cute. Did you take pics? Glad that Liz went on the trip....i bet she'll be tired when she gets home. I love you, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for your loss of Trooper. They do give us everything, don't they?

xoxo

Anonymous said...

So sorry about the loss of your dog. We love all animals but certain ones are even more special. I lost one of my dogs 25 years ago and I still miss that particular dog. He was more than just a pet. He was so loving and smart and a great companion.

Angela