Saturday, May 20, 2006

I need a new computer!

Just when I thought the drama of the past month was over, life threw some more my way!  Early this week while at Curves ( yes I still go at least three times a week, cheaper then a shrink!) an older lady that lives near me was giving me the update on some recent deaths in her church.  A side note here, my town used to be very, very small, in fact we were a very nice little farm town until the developers and the chain stores invaded us....progress I guess.  I've been told that I am very good at retaining gossip, but in my town the old timers aren't gossiping we are just informing the current events to one another.  Anyway, Mrs. N. told me that a gentleman had passed who happened to be the father of my best friend from high school.  D and I along with our  friend C all were buddies from 8th grade on.  Even after high school.  But we all went our separate ways after each of us divorced.  C and I see each other often because our daughters are in Choir and go to the same high school.  D was my Matron of Honor in both of my weddings.  D has had major health issues over the years, along with some really bad luck involving her choice in husbands, she's had 3.

I went to the wake on Tuesday and I knew before hand my old friend D was not doing well.  She's had all sorts of ailments over the years and because of these and years of smoking she is on oxygen.  She was so happy to see me, even with her illnesses she still had the old gleam in her eye from long ago.  C even showed up and it was like old times, if only for a short bit.  The mother in D's family is a nurse, the whole family in her mind is dying and has been for many many years!  It was a very surreal experience, one that made me grateful for my health and my own crazy  family.  D is being taken care of though, hopefully she will be enjoying some better days ahead.  I do have her phone number and will be calling her.  Hopefully, her sister's prediction (she is also sickly) of her upcoming death will be wrong.

I was driving happily home from work last night only to be greeted by my hubby who was in the middle of a major tantrum.  Work woes (the other truck driver is a stoner, who regularly blames my husband of breaking his truck) and the fact that thiscomputer was acting up again.  My computer is very, very old.  It was my fathers and I think he gave it to me shortly after my mom died in 1999.  It crashed once and a kid at Eric's school restored it for me.  Now it won't read my disc for my photos.  I have more bragging baby pictures on it too!  BLAH!  I think it's time for a new one, but I am getting a camera first!

I guess you will all have to settle for pictures of the new baby, Rylan...my brother's son, who was born in February.  Many of you remember he and his twin Tyson were born premature and Tyson died a couple of days after his birth.  I still haven't seen Rylan, my husband is still miffed at my brother for never inviting us over after he helped him build a bedroom.  I'll make him swallow his pride and we will ride over there soon, I'd really like to see the kid before he goes to college ;)

  Rylan shortly after his birth...

  Rylan is 3 1/2 months now!

                             

Otherwise the motorcycle is running great finally and the weather is sunny and perfect for a ride.  Now if the daughter would find a job so the hubby will be happy we can all take a step back relax and enjoy the upcoming summer...I know I WILL, dispite it all!

 

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you and your friend get to pick up your friendship. There is nothing like an old friend. Not an old friend, but a friend you have know a long time. Paula

Anonymous said...

Men, ugh! Tell DH to get over it and let you go see this baby boy! I hope you get a new PC...at WM they have decent ones for $498. Which is what i am on now.
You are already thin, i wouldnt think you would need Curves but i am glad you are able to do something for YOU!!! You deserve so much happiness. Your friend sounds nice but like she has made some bad choices in life.
Have a happy Sunday babe.
I love you,lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your friend and her father.  Smoking is awful, and sucks the life right out of you.  I see it every day in the ER where I work.

I hope you can get hubby to break down and let you go and see the baby!  Preferably BEFORE he gets off to school!

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your friends ROSE... I know what you mean about getting a new PC.  I am so gratefull to finally have this one!!!  Rylan is just so cute!!!  I really want a baby!!!

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that family has had some bad health issues!

It sounds like you need a new computer, all right! Good luck!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I hope all goes well soon. I know about the computer thing. Mine is old also. I sure would like a new one, but who knows when that will happen. LOL.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Rose,it seems like your week ahead will have to be better then the days you've had. The baby is so cute and is growing so much. Hope your computer holds out until you get a new one.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Rose~

That is great you are keepin up the exercise at Curves I havent been there but it seems like a great place to join and met some nice people. Yes older people love to spread the towns news around because they dont have much to do. My mom is the same way with her family and with me,my own. I am so sorry to hear about your friends father, it is always sad when someone passes away who you knew no matter when or how old well even if you dont know them. Sarah's teacher
(my daugters whos in 3rd grade) lost his wife 2 weeks ago and left behind there 11yr old daughter. We went to pay respects and it was all very sad :( they are some great people. Yea I have a shrink but I have insurance who picks up my bill.
You hit home there with the smoking and oxgen because I have smoked since I was 16 and then stop on,off and while I was pregnant and so on well I started again and this time quit heavly then I have in the past I know I need to stop!
I have some new weekends pictures I will love to share with you I will send them
your way. I use picboo to make albums and then I'm able to send them.
Rylan is very cute he is surely getting big. I wish you lots of luck when you go see him in person. As far things are ok here. Have a great week take care
and keep in touch love ya your friend Sara

Anonymous said...

Rose,
Isn't it great to get together with old friends you haven't seen in a long time??  Too bad it couldn't have been for a much better reason, but everything does happen for a reason, so who knows.  What?  What am I trying to say? I'm confused!  That baby is so cute!  He has really grown!  Adorable!  Still very sad about his twin.  Makes me cry...sorry....I love motorcycles!  Only I've never been able to actually drive one myself, because my legs are way too short to reach the ground!  ha ha ha!! My ex had one when we first started dating.  He would take me rides every night!  I love it!  Enjoy it now that it is finally getting warm!  Hurray!
Love, Linda