Sunday, May 7, 2006

What's important

Mark got up and went golfing this morning with his son Matt, Matt's father in law and a friend (Justin) of Matt's who is also dating Matt's wife (Brandy) cousin (Tiffany).  Does that make any sense?  If the girls are cousins and since sometimes we call Justin Matt's long lost brother does that make them all related??  Nah!

Anyway, my sense of humor is back and today I decided to look at my life the way I am used to...POSITIVE!

I have realized not only has my job been stressful, but so has Mark's.  He works in constuction so he only gets paid when he works so paying bills can be a first come first served proposition.  Especially after a long winter.  He still does not understand that unemployment doesn't always cut it especially since we still have a few things we are still paying off from our semi dump truck we used to own.  But it always works out and stressing out about it never helps.  And so it goes.

Here are some good things that have been going on----> Focus on the Positive!

1.  We made our last payment on our Pick up truck---it's  now ours and it still running great!

2.  Mark may get into the Union which means a raise, and benefits=no more worries about retirement (??!!??), me paying $200 + a month for insurance at my job.

3. My son Eric got a promotion---he is now front end manager at Menards, he is the head of cashiers and service.  YEA! 

4. Tim's job is secure.  He is an Engineer at a Bearing company, they think so highly of him they want him to some day run the department.  The are moving the company to bigger building. 

5.  My stepson Dustin, who tends to be very immature and horrible with money, is  moving up at his job where his brothers and Mark work.  Now my husband can relax.  He is always worried about that kid!

6.  Mark wants Liz to get a job this summer.  She has tried a few places with no luck. She mentioned this to her boyfriend Mike's mom and she knows a lot of people,  plus their family owns a large construction business, she said she'd help her find a job!

7.  20 days until school is out!

8.  I am not driving a bus this summer!  I am off!

9.  I am getting a new grandson in July!

10.The sun is out!  Matt's invited us over to eat dinner!  who hooo I am not cooking

Happy rest of the weekend!     

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy a summer off! What a treat that will be!!
Love ya,lisa

Anonymous said...

I am counting down those day till summer too! Unfortunately I'm an 11 month employee but hey, I can't really complain about "only" having a month off! At least I won't have the typical hecticness of getting the kids ready and off to school and the dreaded homework. Luckily my husband works the same schedule as the kids like you do so no worries about child care either.

Glad you're back to the positive side! Enjoy your Sunday!
Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're back to your old self!  I knew you would be :)  Love you lots, see you tomorrow!!
~Jen

Anonymous said...

:)
When you look around you.. there is always a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!  

Love the fact that you can turn a depressing entry one day to a bright and positive one the next!

Congrats on all of the above! :)

jackie

Anonymous said...

Hi hon. I love focusing on the positive. Couldn't get through life any other way. Well, that and keeping my sense of humor. I see yours is back. HOORAY!
Love the photos...but you more.
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HOPEFORTODAY
        http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

Great idea to focus on the positive... I loved it !

Hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

You do know how to focus on the good stuff, Rose! Nice job :)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

WoW,there are many positive things going on in your life,and that makes me happy.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Always focus on the positive. Thanks for reminding me , sometimes I for get.
Hugs, R.C.