Tuesday, July 10, 2007

                                     

God is the only one

who can make

the valley of trouble

a door of hope.


-Catherine Marshall

Like most people I have my quirks, my issues, my character flaws and my past.  Most people who know me think I am a nice enough person.  They invite me to lunch, they confide in me, hell they even trust me with their kids!

So ... why is that all within one week I have been brought to task for being "controlling" or not being fair by four different people??!  Two I can understand they are my stepchildren.  Their dad changed so much when he married me, that I can see how they think I did some sort of voodoo on him and wham he changed...something he did not do when he was married to their mom.  Knowing my husband I have no clue as to why he was with her in the first place.  But I really can't say as my first marriage was with someone I had little in common except which bar to drink at.  And no, he does not think I am controlling either, we get along just fine some 22 years after we divorced.   The next one is Liz's dad...he thinks I kept her unfairly from him.  He has a jaded drug/alcoholic view of the past,  I was controlling as I was protecting my kid, I'd be an awful mother if I just handed her over to him.

The last one was last night, my mother in law who is actually my husband's stepmother called my sil and proceeded to tell her she hated me, and that I am terrible because I wrote Liz's thank you card out, my bad I admit, Liz has bad handwriting, and against my better judgment I even sent her a graduation announcement in the first place as she is very very opinioned and a bit senile.  She also bad mouthed Mark's dead mother, so I shouldn't feel so bad.  My poor sil was bawling her eyes out, because according to the crazy lady all the kids are terrible and never have done anything right.  Their dad has been dead since 1998...bet he's rolling in his grave.

Soooooooo, all this made me want my own Mother who would have listened to me cry, hug me, pat my hand and say..."so...you know this isn't true ... so don't let it bug you"

Maybe I should have my mother in law call T, after all they both love to pick on dead people...he's blamed all his problems on his dead 4th wife!

Thanks for listening I can hear you all say....

"there, there Rose it's all good!"

 

 

 


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwww Rose great picture of you, you have such a pretty smile !!!!!!!! Awww I am always here to listen to you, Sending some hugs your way, you are a great friend (((((((((((((((( Rose )))))))))))))))) Lisa XO

Anonymous said...

aWWWWWWWWW MAN....Anyone that will badmouth the dead don't know beans to begin with! Don't let what that heffa says get to you!
Your mama would be right......."so...you know this isn't true ... so don't let it bug you"//AMEN!!!
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

I won't say "There, there Rose it's all good" because I know that you already know that -- look at the name of your journal! This little bundle of BS is nothing compared to some of the things you have had to deal with in your life! This is just one of those times that things seem to all clash at once. Don't worry about it -- I know -- easier said than done, but really, look at the bigger picture. Don't let them get to you!
Hugs, Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

Tell her your friends in j-land say she if full of s---. I really like this picture. You both look so young and cute. Paula

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, that's a tough situation. I think your a kind and caring person.
I would say dont' let it bother you, but I know it does, it would for me too.
Be well my Friend
Ellen
PS such a pretty picture

Anonymous said...

Meg hand wrote her thank you's and then left for vacation last week and left all envelopes with no addresses so i am sure some of these AHs' will think she half assed it for not writing out the envelopes instead of appreciating the heart felt thank you. You can not please people, that i know. I love you and you are beautiful and bright and this woman needs a reality check.
lisa

Anonymous said...

You are good, Rose! 4 people complaining out of 6.7 billon? Pretty good track record, don't you think?

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Lesson #1 taught to me (and anyone that listens) by my 93 yr. old grandmother, "Do not talk ill of the dead, they are not able to defend themselves". I know this is hard on you but don't let them get to you. Think about what kind of people they are that are judging you. Hang in there.
June

Anonymous said...

Rose, you said it all yourself.  She's senile!  LOL  Some folks ain't happy unless they're unhappy.  Sounds like she's in that club.
Hugs, Kathy

Anonymous said...

You know that some people can be unkind and some even say things they don't mean. Your a pretty special person to me and I'm sure many others. Hon,just
don't allow amyone to pull you down like they seem to be.
Love
Mickie