Wednesday, July 11, 2007

thank you!

Thank you all so very much for listening to me...yesterday.  I knew my feelings were hurt  in my head. I knew I should should just let this go, but your input helped.  You filled in very well for my mom!

My kid also put some things in perceptive regarding her stepbrothers, she said that they should understand that their dad changed because it was time for him to change, and it took being away from their mother to do it.  She also said that if I wasn't controlling we probably wouldn't have our house or any of the bills paid!  Nice...this kid is wise beyond her years.

Now I am sitting in my home all alone...and I LOVE IT!  My husband has been off work since Monday, we had major storms, but he is going back tomorrow.  YAY!  He is golfing right now with his son who lives here.  Jim loves to golf and gave Mark his old golf clubs, bought him golf shoes for his birthday and now he has a partner.  Good exercise too.

Tomorrow I have a court date to see if the state of Illinois allows the custodial parent to receive child support for their children in college, or at least orders the other parent to pay 1/2 of college.  My boys dad paid half, but he is responsible.  I am not afraid of court, I went many times with Mark and his ex...I even helped him try & get custody of his youngest, this without a lawyer!

Liz's graduation party is Saturday.   We are having it at Jeremy and Tracey's house.  I still have to buy a few things for the picnic.  She wants things simple, which makes me happy.  Liz is working at Target now, overnights, from 10 pm until 6 am.  She has been working 3 days only and they are in a row so she can adjust her sleep.  She's a night owl anyway.  She will have to change this schedule in the fall, but Target wants her on days anyway.  Guess they think she friendly.

I think she's pretty special!

               

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it nice to have the house all to yourself every once in a while???!!!
Love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

In MI, the courts do not order any child support of any kind after age 18 or graduation from high school, whichever comes last (and by age 19, I believe, if the child graduates late). No college funds can be ordered, although the non-custodial parent is free to contribute. I hope you will tell us the results of your court hearing - I am curious!

A nice quiet house - one of my favorite things!

Good luck with the graduation party :-)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Rose, I'm always here to listen when you need me, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

wow, shes young to be on nights.....i am glad that is not forever....like me. I hope you have a happy and FUN Grad party....thank God Mark is back to work...i love you, lisa

Anonymous said...

Everyone needs an outlet when their feelings get hurt. This is as good a place as any. Of course your daughter is wise, she got that from you! Good luck in court.
June

Anonymous said...

Wow let me know what they say about child support and college... Hugs,
Lisa