Friday, July 20, 2007

Liz & really I am letting her grow up ;)

Kristin girl friend of my son Tim and Liz

Today Liz and I went to the DMV and she finally got her driver's license.  WHEW!  She tried to get out of it, said she had pink eye or some such thing when she woke up so she had to wear her glasses instead of contacts and then there was the sun, it was making her eyes hurt.  When she took drivers ed in school (which cost $150) her instructor was unable to test her hence the trip to the DMV.  I think drivers ed is up to $300 now, had I known she wouldn't be tested I would have throw a fit.

I had promised my husband that I'd move out if we didn't go today...you see I am having issues....Liz is my last kid, I even had to marry a guy with five kids to get my kid fix.  This year will be the first year in 20 that I do not have a kid going to school, well junior college, but that does not feel like school.  You know school where they do choir programs and you watch sports. I know I know they will have all that at Junior College, but geeeeeez my kid is now an adult....officially!

She passed by the way...she thought she did not...the DMV was a popular spot today.  I even sat with a lady I used to work with, two of her sons were trying to get their licenses too.  Two...wow think of her car insurance!

Mark and I once had three teenage boys driving all at the same time, their dad helped with insurance, but God that was expensive....and I lived through that and I'll live through this too....

Oh yeah, Tracey is going to cosmetology school and I will have the boys on Tuesdays and Thursdays...I guess going full steam ahead into the grandma phase will be just fine by me!  Plus I get to send them home when I am done with them!!!

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

a huge congrats to Liz. Good for her.....i am proud of her. I feel for you because i know you love your kids and we dont want our kids to grow up!!! But at least you'll have the grandsons to keep you busy!
love,lj

Anonymous said...

Rose, a big congrats to Liz !!!!!!!!!!! Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your daughter.. I am sooo ashamed that I still dont have my license LOL... Not even my permit... It's hard letting our babies go.. I do NOT look forward to the day when mine are all grown up and out of the house...
HAve a goodnight..
Steph

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Liz!

Rile up those little ones and send them home!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Liz! And you too!
I just got the first one off to college last year. The next one will be thirteen next week and the little one only ten! I have a looong way to go!
Martha

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Liz!  Way to go.  That first drivers test is so scary.  I failed the first time and never wanted to go back.  YIKES.....  Boy, I can relate to you in this time of your life.  You're going to adjust quickly and will LOVE it.  
Hugs,Kathy

Anonymous said...

I'm glad she passed her test. Good for her. It's hard to let them grow up but we mustdo it.
Hugs, R.c.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like this are going pretty ood for Liz . Hope you enjoy the boys and don't let them tire you,ha ha.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Good for her! I bet it is so hard to let your kidos grow up. I still think of WYatt as my baby and he is 3!!!

Kara :)