Saturday, July 28, 2007

me, Kota

... the gallon of milk is empty, the cats have come out of hiding, the dog has cleaned up the cracker crumbs all over the kitchen floor...the boys must of left!  The boys were here overnight and we had quite a visit.  Dayton is trying very hard to talk, he jabbers nonstop saying, "hey baby"...to me following me all over the house.  He also is quite the walker.

My stepson Jeremy fishing with Dakota...4/2007

We noticed that the boys can be quite demanding, and being we raised the others with manners and hope that the grand kids would have the same we tried to correct them when the began asking for things...so "Grandma get me some milk" became "Grandma may I, can I have some milk please"--Jacob.  Dakota at 2 1/2 still doesn't use proper nouns, everything is "me want...or me want milk please" or "him want this".  And if you try and correct him..."me, I want"...he'll figure it out.  Their parents have noticed this too and I see them trying to squash this too.  They'll get it...

Dakota's got potty training down so well that we took an hour long walk to the park and no accidents.  Nothing like walking 6 blocks home from the park with a kid with wet pants, which happened to me last summer with Jacob.  It had been a while since I did the potty training thing...I am getting that too.

In my last entry I was talking about Dayton's blanket.  The Christmas Dakota was born Mark was laid off with no unemployment, we were short on money.  My mother was a crafty type so when she died I inherited all her yarn. She had taken baby yarn and made a bunch of squares.  I wanted to give Tracey a part of her so I took the squares finished the blanket and gave it to Dakota for Christmas.  For Jacob I used some of the extra skeins mom had & made a huge blanketfor him.  Well, come to find out years later Traceythought the blanket was hers...she and Jacob actually fought over it...so......along with making a big boy blanket for Dakota, I am going to make Jacob another blanket.   I am going to teach the girl how to crotchet...then she can make her own!  She did cherish the mom blanket which made me happy.

 

 

Jacob and Dakota...4/2007

Since I featured both Jacob and Dayton on my last to entries, I'll share  Dakota...

Such a charmer...6/2007

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww what beautiful boys !!!!!!!! Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Man I am so jealous that Dakota is potty trained at 2 1/2!!!!!  I can not for the life of me get Wyatt who is 3 to do it!!!  HELP ME hahaha :)

Kara

Anonymous said...

money is not what Christmas is about so i KNOW that blanket meant the world to her.....i LOVE the pics of the grandbabies...they are so cute!
LOVE YOU,lisa

Anonymous said...

The boys are all so precious!!
Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

"Hey baby" that is sooo cute. well he does have a good lookin' grandma. Glad you had fun with the little ones. paula

Anonymous said...

Your grandbabies are just darlin!!  I love the one where they are outside... lovely pictures.  I know what you mean about the dogs cleaning the crumbs, trying to get to the crocheting, teaching the kids manners from yesteryear... my house thinks I am the latest dear Abby, LOL.  Hugs,
Lisa  

Anonymous said...

I just made blankies for my beagles this weekend, LMAO! I like that you are correcting their grammar - I did that too. My child received many compliments from her teachers and other adults on her grammar, pronunciation and vocabulary. I didn't make an issue of it, I just asked her to re-say things correctly, and then let her finish her story or whatever she was saying. I think it pays off.

Your grandsons are SO CUTE!! You are so proud, I love hearing it!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Rose the boys are cute.  I can't wait till the girls are old enough to come spend time with me over a summer.  Take care and thanks for coming by my journal.....john