Sunday, July 22, 2007

mid summer day

Yesterday my stepson Matt had a 'bag' party.  You know that game where you take homemade bean bags and throw them at a box with a hole in it?  He invited some friends and family and each participating person paid some money and they picked teams and had an all day tournament.  It was fun for me as my dil Brandy is a teacher so some of the guest are teachers too.  Also, Mark and I went to school with many of their friends parents.  Sometimes I forget that I am old and we talk about things we have in common.  Like school, students, their parents and even them!    Matthew (my stepson) never invites his mother to these things...I think she's only been to his home 2 times, but Mark and I are always invited.   I get along with Brandy's parents.  This is a good thing.  Oh and the food was awesome.

Today, I have been pretty much wandering...I do that sometimes when I have nothing better to do.  I did go get milk (the kids will be here this week, and we must have milk!) and noticed that the back to school stuff is out...seems soon to me....then I took the dog for a walk, it's lovely outside...all the rain has really made for a colorful neighborhood.  Oh and I pulled weeds, with the flowers come the weeds.  Oh and the never ending laundry....I have clothes line outside.

Liz drove herself back and forth to work last night...nice thing as she starts at 10 pm and ends at 6 am....after I made sure was home at 6:00 I didn't wake up again until I heard the church bells ring...at 9:00!!!   Gotta love the summer....

Here's some pics of  Jacob, he loves his real 4 wheeler that he has had since he was 3.  It is perfectly safe as it only stays in first gear, and it turns off if he falls off.  Daddy made the hills...long pants, a helmet and sturdy shoes are a must.

I am looking forward to spending time with these cuties!

            

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh...Jacob is a real cutie pie!!!
Glad you had a good time at the party!!!
love ya,carlene

Anonymous said...

Thanks for explaining the bag party. I'm outta the loop since I don't live near my grandchildren. Jacob looks so cute on his real 4 wheeler and looks like his daddy made sure he is safe. Paula

Anonymous said...

He is such a cutie!
I have already done all my back to school shopping for the kids -- Walmart had everything super cheap! I spent about $50 on everything including backpacks, lunchboxes for both boys instead of the usual $200 when I do it last minute. Besides that, I go back to work this coming Friday already! It's easier for me to have it all done now. My kids go back to school Aug. 20th. When do you go back?
Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

Awwwww Rose,  Jacob is sooooo cute, glad Matt's party went well, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun party. Great pictures.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

that bag game is called cornhole here in Ohio...in my latest entry on the 1st video i have OSU cornhole displayed. Meg and her friends are obsessed with it. I am glad you went and had a wonderful time...good for you. I bet its great with Liz driving herself.
XO lj

Anonymous said...

Dear Rose,
Thank you for your prayers and your words of encouragement. It truly touch my heart to the point that I am typing this very moment in tears. I really needed that prayer and those words. It made me feel the presences of the Lord around me. I felt so warm inside just when I thought I was so alone.
I'm going thru the valley of darkness right now, so many things going so wrong but I'm not giving up on my Lord. Because I know He has never failed me and when there were times it was a heavy burden for me to carry or when it was hard for me to walk that path, the Lord always carried me, so I'm not giving up now. I just needed some encouragement. Thank you for stepping forward sister and helping me get back up. May God bless you and I want you to know that I'm here for you if you need me one day.
Jessie

Anonymous said...

What a fun party. Can't say that I have ever heard of doing that. Love the pictures!

Kara :)