Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Thankful for you!

 

A while back I was nominated in a fellow j-lander's journal, her name is Kas and she home schools her children.  She is my hero, she is all the things I wish I had been when I was having babies, I wish I had been bolder back then.  No matter I am a good mom now.  I love reading about her family.  She is a real sweetheart.

http://journals.aol.com/hestiahomeschool/HomeschoolingJournal/entries/2007/06/22/thinking-blogger-award/5786

Oh horror it was nearly a month ago!  I am so sorry!  But I do feel honored!

Also, I was nominated by Kathy who has a private journal for the Rockin' girl award!

Thank you Thank you!  I totally feel loved in a time of my life where I am going through nothing but CHANGE!

First things first, I have been around J-land for  3 years, I remember my 1st entry, whining about not seeing my grandson Jacob, three years later I am the one who keeps not just Jacob, but his 2 brothers. 

Changes, so many over the years in J-land.

Who can forget when AOL came up with the ads and so many bolted from aol journals.  Many just went private and were never heard from again, or went to another journal space.  I felt hurt, but with change comes new friends.  I have friends here that I value and enjoy keeping up with.  AND THEY ARE YOU ALL!

You all keep me sane, in all this madness...called my life.

I was going to complain about Liz's party, my drunk brother not attending this after my family spend much money and time planning his daughter's wedding, who also did not attend, her excuse was her father in law who had an accident 3 weeks ago.  Truly that was the only blot on what was otherwise a fun day.  My parents best friends came, they made me feel that tie to my past.  All my boys came, Liz had a few friends, but many were at the matinee for one of the plays  held this summer.  Liz's boyfriend Mike is on a mission trip in Georgia, but his mom came and she fit right in with the family.

Liz was happy, so mom's happy!

I was very weepy Monday when I went back to work, then I got in my bus and the driver that subbed for me while I was at court is a sweet lovely lady named Maggie, she actually encouraged me to drive all those 5 years ago.  She left me a little note that said simply, "I miss your smiling face."  I cried.  Sometime when you think the world isn't such a happy place you look and you realize it is, you look for the love, and there it is, right there!

The weather has been awful, rain, storms, and humid...but that's ok.  I have friends and that's what matters!  Thanks for being my friends!

This is an old pic of the boys, but it's adorable

                    

 

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww Rose congrats on you on the award !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You are a wonderful friend, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your awards. You deserve them both. The picture is darling as usual. Yes everything changes even if we don't want it to sometime. Sometime for the better and sometime for the worse. I sure miss some of the journalers from the old days but wouldn't trade the new ones for anything. Paula

Anonymous said...

Congrats for the awards!!  Look at those darling boys!!!!!!!!  They are just sooooooooo cute!!!!!  I love your attitude!!  You are always so encouraging and you see the bright side!!  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Bottom line -- our family and friends are all that really matter in life. The rest is all small stuff. You are blessed Rose and you bless others too all the time. I'm so glad we have become friends.
Congrats on your awards too, very well deserved!
Hugs, Martha

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR AWARDS!!! YOU DESERVE THEM!
That picture of those little boys is adorable!!! The on in the middle, his  little feet make me want to just tickle his toes, and play "THIS LITTLE PIGGY"!!! lol
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

i'll always be your friend..you have always been special to me and stood by me when others bolted. I love Kas too......she is so real. I think its great Maggie gave you that note. If you and i were friends face to face i would beg you to be my mom even though you are too young because you are so wise.
XO lj

Anonymous said...

That is a sweet pic of the little ones :-)

You are great, Rose! I am happy the party went well and your daughter is happy about it. Sometimes we need to stop and count the good stuff and then work to make the list longer.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the awards, you deserve them. The boys are absolutely precious!!!
June

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you were meaning to, but you really hurt my feelings with that comment.  I hope you know my father-in-law is not an excuse.

Anonymous said...

I remember all those J-land chages as well!  Ive known you for a few years now Rose and I am honored :)

Kara

Anonymous said...

You are truly blessed, Rose.  All the ups, downs, ins and outs of life are really nothing when you look at those three little faces and see all that love.  You're a great mom, wife, friend, and I totally value you as the woman you are!
Hugs, Kathy