Sunday, September 18, 2005

ah the family....

This picture reminds me of how the ride home looked last night...huge full moon and gorgeous countryside.  Autumn in the midwest is a sight to see.  We took an hour trip to my brother in laws.

Mark promised he'd help his brother clean out his house.  Mitch is moving to Colorado.  Mitch is Mark's next oldest brother.  Mitch has had the middle child syndrome all his life.  The guy is in his 50's and still acts like he's 16.  He was very wild over the years, but a few years back he had a bad accident.  He was driving his motorcycle way too fast and a lady hit him and he flew off.  He bounced his head on the curb and was in a coma for awhile.  He did recover, but has never been the same.  He doesn't work, can't.  He did get busted for pot shortly before this and I think he was sent to AA.  Now he his whole life is about AA, smoking pot (he says it helps his emphasyma...he smokes 3 packs of cigerattes a day), and AA activities.  Don't get me wrong, AA's a great place, helped me and a lot of others.  BUT usually it works best if you free yourself from all chemicals, but I am not to judge... 

Anyway, his wife left him, she took a load of crap from this man, years of it.  So now he decides he's selling the house (sold), and moving to Colorado.  GREAT!  I am all about the motto live and let live...so he needs help to clean out the house because he's still handicapped, because of the accident.  So yesterday his son, Mark and I help him clean out the basement.  They have had a lot of pets over the years, cats, dogs and birds.  Mitch's ex wife works at an animal rescue so she brought home a lot of pets.  Now I am well aquainted with cats and dogs...I have 4 cats and 2 dogs...but ish....I think Mitch sorta let the inmates take over the asuylm.  Ick!  But I am figuring some day I may escape the midwest and I'll want somebody to help me move.  It wasn't that bad, they had already ripped out the carpet upstairs and he only had 2 birds and 3 cats left.  And all we basically did was toss a bunch of stuff in a dumpster. 

I am thinking Mitch will enjoy his life now, sorta like my dad, they are where they want to be. 

On the other hand my brother who was evicted asked if he could come over here today and use my gargage to change his brakes...he's trying to stop drinking/causing him heartache too.  He never showed.  :::sigh:::

We all have our roads to travel...glad mine is in the past...I like my life, and if I gotta pack up a few relatives here and there..so be it...after all as Mitch told me once..."It's a round world, Rose, what comes around goes around..."  I try and live with that one...have a wonderful evening...

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this picture, Rose. Autumn is one of my favorite seasons. It's getting beautiful here in Oregon too. I like that the road I traveled, the "roughest" one is behind me too. ((((ROSE)))
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

I hope Mitch has a new start and can overcome his addiction.  AA only works when you work it.

-jan

Anonymous said...

I do pray that Mitch will be happy and will want to help himself get better.I also pray for your brother. I am glad that you r problems are all in the past and that you are doing so well now and are the special person you are.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Mitch is going to try to clean the slate and start over. I hope he isnt running from demons because you cant outrun them. Love you, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Your so right. The autum country side there is beatiful. I so enjoy it when  I go to mom's. Have a great week.
Hugs, R.C.