Sunday, September 4, 2005

chillin in o'ville

I have spent the best 2 days just relaxing, trying not to watch too much of the news shows, walking my neighborhood, eating fresh GREEN BEANS, and my own yellow squash from my garden.  I even watched a Lifetime movie about Patty Duke getting pregnant at 50 (what a nightmare!).  Gotta love the bad TV!

Liz and I picked up our pics at the store and even walked!

Here's my baby boys!  Gotta love 'em!  Jacob is such a great big brother!  The push toy plays Spiderman and Dakota even knows how to make it work.  He laughs and laughs while his big brother pushes him around the house.

Jacob used to be as chubby (ok fat!) as Dakota is and he thinned out when he started walking...but Dakota is just so darn squishy and huggable!

Today we had Mark's son and his roommate stop over to pick up an old car that Jim used to own,actually that car was used by Mark to drive to travel for work on the railroad, I drove it to deliver newspapers too. (Good God so happy it's gone, saves me from having it towed away), they actually got it running.  Not bad for a 1997 Dodge Neon with 200,000 miles on it!  Gas is so expensive and Dustin needs a car to get back and forth to work.  He says he is spending $25 a day in gas to go to the jobsites.  Hope he can keep the car running, it's much better in gas then what he's driving now.  My brother stopped over too.  He's doing better, he's got all sorts of self made stuff going on in his life, but he knows how to fix it, we shall see if he does it.

:::crossing my figures::::

FAMILY!  Gotta love them, but you just can't carry them!

Didn't win the lotto, BUT I hit the jackpot with my awesome two days off PLUS I still have tomorrow off!  The weather is great and I can once again sleep in as long as I want!

Have an awesome holiday!

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, I'm so glad your having a great weekend. Relax and enjoy tomorrow.
Hugs, R.c.

Anonymous said...

Cute pics; enjoy your time off :)
xoxo

Anonymous said...

The kids are just too cute. Have a nice holiday tomorrow, Paula

Anonymous said...

Rose, the babies are so cute! I wish i had some fresh green beans...my grandma used to can them. I hope you enjoy your days off. Love,lisa

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures of beautiful children. Fresh green beans, lovely.  Enjoy your time off.

Anonymous said...

Dakota is beautiful.  I always wanted a "fat" baby.  But when Megan was born she weighted 6.9 and was 23 inches long.  So it took her awhile to catch up with her height.  

I know you are proud of your boys.  Give them a kiss and hug for me.

-jan

http://journals.aol.com/vagabondevermore/IfIruledtheworld

Anonymous said...

Your Grandkids are adorable. I just love watching kids play,they do such cute things. Veggies from your own garden,that's neat.We used to have a garden,but
not any more. It's good that Mark's son got the car running and can use it.
Sounds like you had a nice weekend.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

The kids are so cute.  Makes you wanna hug um and sqeeze um and kiss their little faces.  That is nice that he is taking that car from you and pretty cool that they got it running again.  I love this statement:   FAMILY!  Gotta love them, but you just can't carry them!  I will remember that one.  Nicki

Anonymous said...

Rose, the kids are adorable!

~  www.jerseygirljournal.com