Friday, September 16, 2005

friday...

This week has gone by very quickly.  The junior high route that I had to take over hasn't been that bad.  Just a bunch of loud kids, yesterday they came on with fund raising candy bars.  I told them they could eat them, just not to throw wrappers on the floor, they ate them and I found no wrappers.  Not too hard, the other driver said that they were really bad, but after 2 days they are not bad yet, just normal, loud, raging hormones teens.  She made the mistake of laying down the law from the get - go, which if you are a kid is an invitation to be naughty.  Never ever, lay down the gauntlet with a kid they will make you suffer.  This I've learned after raising so many kids....most kids are basically good.  Be respectly and they will recept you.  Don't treat them like they are morans, because they will trash your bus, and raise hell.  I can see that 3 of them have the potential to be bad, but I'll cross that road when I get there. 

 

Got a field trip again tomorrow, gotta make the $$ while I can...plus it's finally gorgeous outside, the leaves are trying to turn too...I love FALL!!!  So I won't mind hanging out with the soccer team while enjoying the weather.  The town they are playing it is an old beautiful one so I am going to walk while they play.

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, get the kids on your side and you will not go far wrong. That old town sounds nice and yes the leaves are really turning now although we do not get quite the glorious colours you do over there.

Anonymous said...

Wish I could take that walk with you, Rose. I love walking through old towns. Enjoy yourself! Love ya,
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

You are so funny...you made me laugh. You are also a good mom so i am listening to what you say. Teens are something to behold, huh? You wanna come to Ohio and raise Chad, 13, for me? He is a HANDFUL!!!
Love you! Lj

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose,
Hon you are good with kids and understand them.My Grandson says his Mom doesn't respect him and I try to talk to her  about it,but......
Have a wonderful weekend.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Have a good weekend, Rose!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

You have a good head on your shoulders to deal with kids. Have fun on your walk. Paula

Anonymous said...

Your right the week has really went fast. Yep it's getting cooler here too. Have a great time on the field trip.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

it's that time of year again!  school days...hope its  agood year for you Rose

~  www.jerseygirljournal.com