Wednesday, September 21, 2005

hump day

It's Wednesday.  On Wednesday my midday route doesn' t have school.  SO I have five count 'em five glorious hours to do what I want.  My bus permit needs to be renewed so I went and got my physical, which includes a drug test.  I made sure I had drank pleny of fluids--nothing like not being able to go when you have to go on command!  It's always a pain to go to the clinic too because the place I go is also has walk in care service too.  You never know how many sick, injuried, pink eye, sneezy and just plain sick people/kids you will have to wait to be seen before you there will be before it's your turn.  But I was in and out pretty quick.  Had a nice doctor too.  But he was basically a little kid, man I am getting old!

Now I am at home, doing just normal household stuff.  I never realized how noisy my neighborhood is this time of day.  It's 1:00 in the afternoon and the neighbor is mowing his grass, people are walking around, somebody can't get their car started, somebody else is using a power saw, but it's nice to know there's people around too.  I once did the census and one subdivision I was in had about 100 houses and NO ONE was home during the day except 2 really old old ladies and a guy who worked 2nd shift...a robber could have a field day there during the day.

My kid is having a crisis.  Her boyfriend is 6 hours away in College.  She's 16 and a Junior.  She has pretty much stopped her life as she once knew it.  She mopes around claiming it's because her friend Monika moved and her other friend Emily goes to the other school.   "WAH, I have no friends at school!!!  At least nobody I like!!"  But I know the truth she's bummed because Mike's gone.  His mother wants to take her with her for family day this weekend to his school.  Mark freaked and said NO WAY!  We agreed no trips to school for now. 

I am thinking it'd be ok, but Mike's mom is really trying to talk me into it, by saying "oh I'd watch them, they won't do anything".  DUH!  that's not the point.  The point is my kid is 16, has 2 years of high school left and needs to be a high school student.  I know she's sad, I know she's missing Mike.  But life goes on.  Mike I am sure is not moping around his dorm all sad.  I know that for a fact.  But as with all life's injustices, my kid will just have to deal with it.  Life gets harder, life gets easier, life just is...so hopefully she will adjust.  She's a good kid I am sure she will.  Besides he comes home over Thanksgiving.  Plus she's going to Homecoming in 2 weeks with some friends.  Hope that cheers her up.  Thank God she's the last one.  I am getting too old for all the drama.

I remember my first boyfriend.  Thought the kid was IT, he moved 3 hours away and got another girlfriend.  When he came back for a visit I was way over him....as I said...life goes on.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right, she needs to be a high schooler now. She will be fine.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I think you are right, she is very young but it hurts when you are young doesn't it.  Our neighbourhood is always quiet sometimes too quiet, at times we feel we are the only ones living here.

Anonymous said...

It's nice you had some time to get things done. I hate getting physical's .
Yep, kids need to live and learn.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Rose, you are so smart about parenting kids! I hope that your daughter somehow gets her mind off the college boy and finds something to do there at the house. Hope you enjoyed the 5 hrs to yourself!! Love you,lisa