Friday, September 2, 2005

friday!!!

Now I for sure know why we get 3 days off after school starts...ugh!  Yesterday was awful!  To sum it up it was filled with too much talk on the radio's, kids at the wrong stops telling me that it was ok because that was where they got picked up last year, grade schools putting kids on the wrong bus (one was mine and I had to sit with his worried mom for 1/2 hour until he turned up-on a wrong bus), one of my early childhood kids messed his pants all the way to his shoes (thankfully before he got on the bus so he was cleaned up) so he screamed the whole way home about his shoes, my monitor didn't show because her brother the bus driver told her we didn't have school, and I could go on and on...but it's now 2:19 on Friday I go back to do 2 more schools and then I have 3 days of freedom.

 

Last night I took my daugher and went to the grocery store.  Got stocked up on fresh green beans, and squash, and stuff she likes, got some gas and came home.  I watched some more of the storm coverage, felt sad and grateful that I live in boring Illinois where NOTHING ever happens.

 

Otherwise I still love my job just hate the first week...we will all adjust as always and life will go on...plus I just bought $5.00 worth of lottery tickets...one can dream...right????

Have a great and happy LONG weekend!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

TGIF!  Hope you have a great Labor Day weekend.

-jan

Anonymous said...

After reading this entry I think you deserve 4 days off, but that wouldn't be too good cause you'd have less money. LOL All kidding aside, days like you describe cause grey hair, don't they? Hope your ticket pays off for you. Dreams DO come true sometimes.
Love you
Barb

Anonymous said...

You earned those days off! Have a great holiday weekend :)
xoxo

Anonymous said...

What a day you had. I'm glad you have a three day weekend to get rested up for the school week. Have a great weekend.
Hugs, R.c.

Anonymous said...

Wow Rose,
You really need 3 days off. It does get better after things settle down and the kids
get used to the new bus stop etc.
Hope you have a nice weekend.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

I hear you, I feel the same way..it's day 2 of school, and the bus was 40 minutes late both days coming home!! My son practically slid off the bus in a pile of sweat..felt so bad for him!!! Hey, good luck with those lottery tickts!

Robyn :)

Anonymous said...

There are always bus snafus the first couple of days!  I remember several years ago....well it must have been about 9 years ago because my DD was only in 2nd grade and she's in 11th now....anyway, she got on the wrong bus to ride home.  She rode and rode and never saw her stop.  She had to go to the bathroom really bad...Finally the bus driver gets to the end of the line, and there's my little DD, sitting back  there, crying, having peed her pants (something she hadn't done in a long time).  That bus driver was a hero...radio'd someone to find out her address, and drove her home to her front door!  Good job bus drivers!  You work extra hours, you have to clean up after little kids that pee their pants (LOL) and put up with all kinds of other situations, too.

Anonymous said...

Rose, i just told Chad on Friday that he needs to be truly thankful we live in boring Ohio because the ONLY thing that catastrophic that happens is tornadoes and knock on wood, there has never been one in the 37 yrs of my life in Springfield, where we live. There was a deadly one in Xenia. I hated hearing about all of the bad things about work for you! Wow. Not much organization. The poor boy who messed his pants! Yikes. What a bad day he had. Enjoy your 3 days off, friend!
Love, lisa