Monday, September 5, 2005

off for labor day

Here's a picture of Liz and the group that went to West Virginia last July...they helped a family by painting their house...

Liz is back row 4th from the right...and that tall boy next to her?  That's Mike, he's now attending Southern Illinois University.  They are still close, via the medium of IM's and the telephone.  I love how mature they act with each other, but yet have a very loving (???? as much as teenagers can love) and respectful relationship.  I've seen other relationships turn into a jealous battle, but these two have put their friendship first.  I have such respect for them.

I wanna be like my daughter when I grow up!

We cleaned up a lot of junk in the garage this morning.  I found a bin that had a bunch of camping supplies in it...like a propane can, an electric light, stuff I have no clue if I got them from my dad or I bought them...it's hell to get old and forgetful.

I have a few bins that were my mothers.  She loved to do crafts and I can see she must of been getting forgetful before she got diagnoised with cancer as she labeled everything.  I am going to finish some of the stuff she started, at least the felt christmas ornaments.  She was a crochet wiz and could do stuff so tiny that I swear an ant could wear!  I have no patience for such little stuff.  I tend to crochet with huge hooks and like it that way.

I saw this show on the Garden channel where the lady made these stepping stones out of cement, decorated them with shells, an shiny rocks.  I am going to try and do that too...as Christmas gifts to the kids, most of them have families and are way to old for the normal junk I used to buy them.  Besides Chirstmas really is about the kids.  And my "kids" except Liz are all over 18.  Besides the work will keep me out of trouble.

Hope you all had an enjoyable weekend...I am going to take my happy, rested attitude into tomorrow to work. I don't have a midday on Wednesdays, so I only have to work one full day and then I am get some time off the next day.  That is if I remember tomorrow is already Tuesday!!

 

Peace all...prayers to the ones who suffered so much in the storm...

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always said my daughter is a much better person than I am.  And I want to be just like her when I grow up.  

-jan
http://journals.aol.com/vagabondevermore/IfIruledtheworld

Anonymous said...

lol at "I wanna be lime my daughter when I grow up" - shows what a good mother you have been to raise her so well.  I crochet with big hooks as well.  It is nice that you intend finishing some of the things your mum started.  Those stepping stones sound good, wish I could see them.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I want to be more like my daughter, too :)

xoxox

Anonymous said...

Those kids must be good kids to go to help paint etc. They look like a nice group of kids. It is so nice that Liz and that young man have such a good relationship.
Good friends are hard to find,at least guys who treat girls with respect. I like the
Garden channel,it has lots of great idea's. The stepping stones sound like they would be a wonderful project to do.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great week. I still have one more day off. I sure needed these days off.  I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose, thanks for stopping over at my journal....have finally made it over to yours.  WOW!  You are one busy woman!  I have two little ones and a teen at home and your life makes ME exhausted, LOL.  The stepping stones sound like a great idea, love gifts that are from the heart, rather than the store.  

Sorry you didn't win the lotto.... hoping to win here someday too.  Hey, it could happen, lol.  

Anonymous said...

Liz is a little bitty somebody, isn't she? So nice for that group to paint a house for someone. Hey the stepping stones sound like a cute idea. Paula

Anonymous said...

My kids made stepping stones like that...they are adorable!

Anonymous said...

It is great that the kids get along like that.  It's really quite rare.  I have no patience for crafts.  I wish I did though.  It is amazing to me how someone can make something so beatiful (or ugly depending)  Big Hugs, Nicki