Tuesday, September 13, 2005

tired and hot

The weather here in Illinois has been hot, hot and hot.  mid 90's Makes driving a big school bus pretty awful...I have  some adjustments to do on my grade school route seems the kids in the back can't seem to stop bashing each other in the head with their water bottles....time to assign seats.  I will be trading p.m. junior high routes to save that driver time, I get to drive in construction because her grade school is further and she can't make it on time...oh yeah the police were called today at work because a kindergartener's mom was freaking out.  ...joy!

The fun never ends....time to rest....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's not even that hot in NC.  Ah, the drama of mom about their kids.  I hope it gets better soon.

-jan

Anonymous said...

Hot here in MI, too, way more than normal. It's great!

A friend of mine drives a school bus as a sub - she told me she had a 2 hour delay in traffic due to construction recently, and it's likely to be that way for a few months. I don't know how you ladies do it!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you never have a dull moment!  It has cooled down a lot over here, thankfully.

Anonymous said...

WoW Rose,
It seems like a pretty stressful job driving that big bus and kids that are kind of rowdy because they are hot etc. It's been cooler in Ca. lately.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Rose,my alerts have been down all week. makes me SICK. Missed a few of your entries. How are you? i hope you are great. Its actually a bit chilly here. A nip in the air. Sounds like you have your hands full right now with the bus driving job!! I know you are GREAT at what you do so they better treat my friend right!! Love, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

How awful for you.It's starting to cool off here, hopefully it will cool down there soon.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Kind of glad my school mama days are over. Things are so much more stressful then they were then. Hard on everyone, mamas, teachers and school bus drivers. we are expecting 100 degrees saturday. Paula