Thursday, September 22, 2005

happy fall

It's the first day of fall...here it's very warm still.  But I'll take it...I enjoy the warm weather for as long as I can.

I did end up telling Liz that the trip was to see her boyfriend was not happening.  She ended up bawling her eyes out, but not to me but to Mike.  Ah the life of a teenager.  It'll all work out fine.  She's still going to homecoming with this other kid, who she claims is a friend.  This too shall pass...it did with the other 7 before her and it will for her too.  Even the boys could be as dramatic as she is...I made it through them and I will her.

Tim came over to visit, he's such a great kid, I must of done something right.  Although now that he's 23 and on his own, and I have no power over he's life he decides to tell me all the bad things he did in high school, which weren't too bad, just a few drinking parties here and there.   So glad he left me blissfully in the dark back then.  And he lived through it quite well. 

Eric my middle kid will be 21 in a month.  I haven't seen him since I went to see his new apartment over a month ago.  But that's ok, he's busy with work and the girlfriend.  We'll catch up one of these days.  I am finding all the kids went through this 'breakaway' stage when they were out of the house...ah freedom!  Away from the parents!  I can do what I want!  Mom won't care, I am freeeeeeeee!!!

 

Eric will come around...they always come home...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, they come back. They find some excuse, but really, they just miss you :)
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Kids DO go through that "freedom" stage. Every one of mine went through it. And like you, I heard "after the fact" all the stuff they did when they were on their own, AND sometimes when i was working. I'm so glad I did not know all of that. I'd have used of far more bottles of Excedrin. Love your grapic, hon.
Hugs, love and prayers
Barb

Anonymous said...

They always come home , just hope they don't stay so long that they wear out their welcome. LOL.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Rose,
It sounds like you did a very good job with your sons. I find that even when our kids leave home,they are not really gone,just here less often.It's good when they
are able to grow up and we know they will do fine.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

You look too young to have sons that old and thats great. Paula

Anonymous said...

My oldest is 21 and I am finding her getting into that "looking for an apartment to be with boyfriend and do what I want to do, " stage.   They always seem to forget the "gotta pay for everything outta my own pocket stage" though.  lol

Stace