Friday, December 2, 2005

christmas walk

Tonight is our annual Christmas Walk.  I like these types of things because I LOVE to people watch.  Sometimes I go to socialize with my neighbors, co-workers, or some of the kids I know.  Sometimes Mark comes with me.  When he does he usually isn't all that interested in socializing or looking at the different shops.  We usually walk down the street stop at the Barber Shop to say "hi" to his friend Jimmy from high school, maybe get a hot chocolate or some food and race home.

Tonight I simply enjoyed being quiet and being by myself in the crowd.  For a cold night of 10 degrees, there were a lot of people out.

I love to walk and look, listen, and smell.  There's usually some girl scout troop singing carols, a little band playing, and some piped in music.  And there's this mime dressed up and skating on roller skates.  He's fun.  There's lots more too.

My favorite part though is the silent Fire Truck parade.  Different trucks from area communities dress up their Fire Trucks with lights and they parade down the road.  One year it was really warm and foggy, so they looked like they were floating  down the street.  Another year they took a turn too tight and ripped off the back bumper of a van.  Liz and I saw it too, it was a jaw dropper.

I got to see them tonight and I still got a thrill.  My grandfather was a fireman, I have a lot of respect for them.  Big towns or small towns they are still are and always will be my heroes.  I sometimes wish I was younger, I would loved to carry on the family tradition.

Oh yeah this year I didn't eat the free cookies or nacho's, not even the cider.  I came home and ate the last piece of BLUEBERRY PIE from Thanksgiving and was it every yummy!

Night all, I have a basketball trip bright and early tomorrow morning!

  I do believe in SANTA!  I DO!  I DO!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening. I like doing stuff like that. I believe in Santa too.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

That is great that you have such a long standing feeling of community :)
xoxo

Anonymous said...

That walk sounds nice..I give you credit for being out there in 10 degrees..don't know If i would be...lol!

Robyn :)

Anonymous said...

Rose what a wonderfull time you all had! SOunds great, well except for the 10 degree part haha. Did your cards make it to you OK?

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Rose~

Sounds like you had a great nite out with everyone just enjoying the people and all the sights including the music sounds like it is pretty cool for the xmas holiday.
I wish they did something like that around here for the kids,  I wish I lived near you I would have loved to seen all that you mention. Well Im working on dinner so I cant stay long. Have a goodnite and take care keep in touch love ya your friend Sara xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Your Christmas Walk sounds like something I would like to do. Not sure about that weather though. Paula