Saturday, December 3, 2005

snow

Today after my sports trip I decided to go to the grocery store.  Now I normally like to go during the week between routes.  It's easier, faster and less crowded.   But sometimes I throw caution to wind and go for it, for the excitement...yes, I sometimes have a very boring life.

The kid that checked my groceries out for me told me that people were 'stocking' up for the BIG storm.  They were spending $400.00 and loading up for the long haul.  The weather forcast is for 2-4 INCHES, which by Illinois standards is not much.  Unless it's the first snow of the year, then it's crashing, bashing and flying in the ditch for the unskilled or speed demons.  You'd of thought it was 2 - 4 FEET that was being predicted.  People are strange.  At one point a few years ago I considered studying to be a counselor, I even took a few classes.  But I saw the pay and decided I'd rather deal with kids, at least they make some sort of sense..  And usually you can get through to them.

Of course won't I be surprised when I wake in the morning to 4 FEET of snow.   Guess I'll be trudging down the street to the Gas Station for bread and milk!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

People sure do over react about a little snow don't they ? I usually do the stocking up also , here they never get it right. If they say 2 inches , it could be 2 foot. LOL.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

I always laugh at those who get bread and milk.  Thinking old fashioned how my grandfather used to eat cornbread with a spoon in a glass of buttermilk.  YUCK!  Anyway, I can never get used to the total panick of only a few inches of snow.  I REMEMBER the days when we got FEET of it, in Eastern Ky, and in NC!  Then when I was out in Denver, they were surprised to learn I'd saw snow before.  Yeah, I think we did.  My Dad had to use his lighter to melt the ice of the hinges to open the door one morning.  We had ICE on the INSIDE of our windows. BRR.  Ready for some coffee now. Nelishia
WISHING AND HOPING

Anonymous said...

I always laugh at people who live in the south and and as soon as they hear the words "snow" or "storm" they all run to the grocery store and buy the place out. Most storms are cleared up after what, 2 days? Who doesn't have enough food to last two days? Who lives in a snow belt and doesn't always have enough food to at least get by for a week?

xoxo

Anonymous said...

2 to 4 inches, and everyone was stocking up like crazy?? wow.. does the weatherman usually mess up out there, that people don't trust him??? lol!

Robyn :)

Anonymous said...

I guess better to be safe than sorry haha!  But what people don't get is to ALWAYS have some things stored so you don't have to run out like a mad man at the last minute haha!

Kara

Anonymous said...

Did you spend $400? I bet you didnt. We had an ice storm on Sat PM & today we went to Krogers. That sucky store had NOTHING on its shelves.
Ugh.
Love you, lj

Anonymous said...

Rose,I could never picture you being bored with all you do. Do you get a lot of snow most of the time? I think it is freezing here and it is about 59 degrees and
very windy.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

How is my favorite little bus driver? Hope you don't have to drive in the snow too much but i am sure you could do it much better then I. Paula

Anonymous said...

What a great picture.  Here in So Calif it is warm and sunny so your picture is lovely to me.  Of course, I don't have to live in it.  Pennie

Anonymous said...

Did you get the 4 feet? Thanx for your comment on my entry today. Gonna put you on my "notice" list. rich