Sunday, December 25, 2005

i am better now!

ok , ok, I am better now.  I usually don't like to over react.  I learned a long time ago that doing that only makes matters worse, raises my blood pressure, makes my cats run for cover and usually causes more harm than good.  BUT...I felt justified in my frustration which really never helps...my husband called his son who we had asked to housesit & was worried about leaving his own cats and bribed him with a $75.00 Dominicks gift card...Gotta love that boy, the way to his heart has always been through his stomach.  Here, he gets cable, a computer AND $75.00 worth of food.

He's coming to sit with the dogs...whew! 

Just talked to my dad he's still excited and so now am I.

Mark is a little miffed at his youngest two sons who not only did not come to the Thanksgiving party didn't show up today.  The youngest called but he has no car to drive here.  The other one, whom I let borrow/or I should say I gave $140.00 for  a windshield for his truck, called yesterday, but it is now at 5:30pm he is officially MIA. 

Mark's now taking a nap.  He's getting up at 10:00 pm and we will be off to sunny skies and warm beaches....

AND finally some rest for my weary soul...

 

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so sad you have to pay someone to do somethimg,but I am so glad that it worked out ok. It is not worth getting our blood presure up sometimes,but it still
doesn't seem right . Keep safe!
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

But all the grown kids can do is focus on OUR mistakes, yet they can not own up to their own after they are adults.  Awful that he had to be paid.  Just unbelievably shameful.  I'm very sad today, even though not as sad as I would've been had I still been stuck in Denver. After that my entry, I had to clear the dishes, put all the food away and do the supper too, while she relaxed on the couch.  I finally got a shower at around 8pm.  
Nelishia
WISHING AND HOPING

Anonymous said...

enjoy the vacation...wish i was headed for sunny skies and beaches....lol!!

Robyn :)

Anonymous said...

Have a most excellent trip, Rose!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

You know, when i gave birth at 20 i truly believed that when these kids turned 18 that we were done with them and they went on and we lived our lives carefree until we died.
LMAO.

I was wrong.
I just hope you left and had a good time and enjoyed every second. I love you!
lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Every thing will work out. Don't worry about things. just have a great trip.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Other than that, hope your day was a good one. rich

Anonymous said...

So glad you are getting some rest Rose! Thank you so much for the lovely Christmas card! it made me smile for sure :)

Kara

Anonymous said...

Hey Rose

Im so sorry that his sons didnt show up for Xmas but I hope you have a great trip to Flordia to visit with your Dad. Family means alot around the holidays and everyone should stop enjoy and visit with them no matter how much they drive you crzy. Glad that you got someone to sit with the dogs but thats ashame you had to bid his son, Well good luck on the trip, Happy Holidays and New Year
Thanks for visiting my journal and leaving the comment, Take care Love ya
Yoiur friend Sara