Saturday, December 10, 2005

I will behave I promise

Last night was Liz's choir concert, they have 4 shows.  2 Friday night and 2 on Sunday.

 

Yesterday my dear sweet 17 year old daughter told me she no longer is wearing a dress that never came in, so as I said I didn't have to buy those red spanky things that cheerleaders wear, BUT she needed black pants and a sweater.  I hear this as I am sitting in my bus, (she stops to see me as she walking home from High School), at 2:45 in the afternoon on a Friday, the day of the CONCERT.  I am thinking MY GOD does this kid have a presentable pair of black pants or a sweater!  She hates sweaters, she has always been my hot child, so she really has a limited supply.  The thought did cross my mind to go to the thrift store or is it resale shop down the block and get her one of those old lady sweaters with all the Christmas ornaments on it, sorry no offense, if you like these, but a 17 year old would never like these.  I am still controlling my rage with her choir director, I am still behaving!

She did have a sweater, and she said she'd wear her black dance pants.  I didn't see her very well as I whisked her off to school after work.  15 minutes later she called me to say she needed a white shirt also!  UGH!  So I searched found a white turtle neck (which I know she hated) and brought it to her.  When I looked closer at her on my return trip I realized her black pants were pretty worse for wear.  BIG SIGH!

So today after my field trip we went out into the hustle and bustle of Saturday shoppers to buy a pair of black slacks.  Which we found at the first store, near my home.  The kid is very short not even 5 foot so I'll be hemming pants tomorrow, but at least she will look presentable.  This is a huge annual show, with all the choirs and bands playing in a seamless concert.  Very very nice.  And tomorrow my kid will look good for the last two shows, one of which Mark and I will be attending.

So as we are wandering around Target I ask my daughter if she wants a robe for Christmas, how about slippers?  She says yes and I buy them -- am I an awful mom or what??  Buying gifts with her right there!  She said it was ok, she'd act surprised on Christmas morning.  I already have other ideas for her.  She will be suprised!  She is my last child.  She is the 8th one.  I've only known masses of children for 11 years.  Mark's 5 and my 3.  It's sad to see her be the last.  Last year my 2 boys spent Christmas eve here, so the morning was ok, the tree was a little more naked then when they were little, but there were kids here all the same.  Now I am down to one, and she's a great one! 

BUT now I have the grandkids...they will bring a packed Christmas tree!

Liz and Tracey!

So I am off again, there's a Christmas party for Mark's work we are going to.  whoo the fun begins!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You all look so beautiful together.  Great GENES in your family.  Holiday stress oh my goodness!  I hope you have a wonderful time at the party.  And please DEAR GOD, I want to attend a holiday party this year, and dress up.  Love love love it.  Nelishia
WISHING AND HOPING

Anonymous said...

Well Mom,the work goes on. Love the picture.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your a busy person. I hate last minute things. They really stress me out. LOL. Sammie has always been my last minute kid. Even now. LOL.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

It never fails when you need a specific item like the black oants you have to run all over town to many different stores to find them! Im glad you made it hehe :)

Kara

Anonymous said...

I remember those things from school - long black skirts or something for band that she would never, ever wear again and nothing of mine would make her happy. Luckily you found what you needed on the first stop!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Rose, you're such a terrific Mom! You really are. You've raised a lot of kids, and in spite of the ups and downs that come right along with them, you've managed to keep a sense of humor, be reasonably patient, and shower them with love and support. Raising kids is such hard work, but so much fun. I had some horrific times with my own, but also have awesome memories of our one-on-one times. WOuldn't trade them for the world. Had to hunt you down again. Are YOUR alerts working. I get some but not others, and get NO alerts at all when somebody leaves a comment in my journal.
Hugs and Merry Christmas
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

If you can, try and run out alone and get Liz one small gift she doesnt know about. Its strange to think they are 17 huh? Of course you have been thru it before...i can not believe my firstborn is 17. God, i am old.
How was the party? I love you Rose.
lisa

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you handled the whole situation quite nicely. Hope the concert went well. Glad you've got grandkids coming along to fill the "empty nest" for you. Have a Merry Christmas!! rich