Wednesday, June 7, 2006

day one of break~!

Today is day one of summer break!  I don't know how long I will be able to spend the day doing whatever I want!  Seems my youngest stepson (he's 19) was in court today and my husband's ex (who babysits the grandkids) was with him.  My daughter in law is very upset about this.  Maybe she's afraid my stepson's criminal behavior will rub off on her boys!  I will wait until Friday and volunteer myself to watch the boys until she quits work.  I at least want a couple of days to get bored!  

The other grandma's health is pretty poor along with the fact she is disappointed that she isn't getting a granddaughter this time, has caused her to give up the babysitting job when Tracey has the new baby.  Watching three kids under the age of three is a challenge, I've done it before and you really have to love kids and pace yourself.  Otherwise you end up plopping them in front of the TV, which is a pretty sad choice.  I have a background in early childhood education, been a special ed aide and drove the school bus for 3 years.  Oh yeah raised 3 of my husband's kids full time didn't hurt either.  Besides I just love kids!

For me kids keep me young and my mind active, they are so funny and entertaining. 

So as I said I am enjoying my down time, for now at least ... time to walk the dog!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

3 kids under 3...wow...I didn't think it could get any harder than my 3 (6yrs 4yrs and 2 yrs.) LOL

Go Grandma! :)

Love
Holly

Anonymous said...

Hell i cant even get my dogs to open their eyes but if i yelled WALKIE they'd be all over that. Sounds like Mark's ex is a piece of work....i hope all went well at stepsons court appearance. Enjoy your time off my friend.
LOVE,lisa

Anonymous said...

If anyone can do it with three kids I believe you can,you seem like my daughter who is always busy and is watching two of her Grandsons all the time and the other two,most of rhe time etc. Enjoy the time you have to relax and do what
you want to do.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Three children under age three - that gives me the willies!!

oxox

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday from yesterday and very nice meet to you !!  I have enjoyed my visit to your journal and invite you to stop by mine anytime (link below).  Hope you have a great summer! Anyone who drives bus for the school system really deserves it.  Mine ride the bus and no matter how hard I try to teach them manners, on occasion there is an argument-incident of some sort going on.  I am mom of three (two boys and a girl), stepmom to 2 daughters who don't live in our state and  I work from home selling Avon and working for the Veterans.  Well, hope you have a happy summer!  I'm sure I'll stop by again as I marked your journal for alerts.  I love TD Jakes!!  
Hugs,
Lisa

http://journals.aol.com/randlprysock/AdventuresFromFlorida/  

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your summer break. Your so lucky !!!
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Yep! Take a few days to rest before diving into babysitting. I know you'll enjoy taking care of the boys . Have a great summer.
Hugs R.C.

Anonymous said...

You are so thoughtful and a good mother and grandmother. Have a nice summer. Paula

Anonymous said...

Well, at least you won't be bored, that's for darn sure!!!

:)
Jackie