Monday, June 26, 2006

montana, grandkids and the campground

Mark and I were supposed to go to Montana this weekend.  His 83 year old stepmother lives in Missoula.  It's been years since we've been there, 1998, when his father passed away.  Since Missoula is not a popular place to fly, airfare is huge.  We planned on taking the extra long weekend to drive, it's a gorgeous drive through the Dakotas, mountains, and the Black Hills.  After Mark's father's death his stepmom went downhill, she has all sorts of health issues, her only family member out there is her son.  So even though we had made plans to go a while ago, she isn't up for the visit.  I am thinking it's her age and that she used to be quite the entertainer, getting older keeps her from doing this.  I am sure she would rather not face us.  It's been a long time, growing older is hard, watching someone grow older even harder.

Mark was quit upset, sometimes he has the tendency to act 2, I mean sometimes Jacob acts older than he does.  He threw a mini pity party, but got over it after I told him he could order the needed starter for his motorcycle.  God men are easy! 

We belong to a small gun club that has an even smaller campground.  Our old trailer is there, it's clean, has a lake & is far enough away to be "away", but close enough to run home if need be.  We went on Saturday.  It was a very relaxing evening.  Quiet & the clear sky starry.

Tried to visit the kids, (Jacob demanded that I bring grandpa next time), but kept missing them or they were napping.  Where they live has horrible cell phone reception, and since they are rarely in the house the landline is useless.  So it's pretty much hit and miss.   Jeremy lives about 2 minutes from the campground so it will be great to take the boys fishing, and boating this summer.  He & Mark had planned on going trap shooting on Sunday morning, but it was rained out. 

I will be watching the boys tomorrow, I was there today, but Jeremy had a rain day and came home early.  I had them in the mud all morning, Jeremy came home just as I was giving them a bath.  Mark is working though, where his job was is dry.  Weather sure is weird.

Now I am home, catching up, Liz has another play, they are doing the Pride and the Prejudice.  She wanted a big part, but was given a small one.  She will be doing the tech crew along with her part.  Her play last week was very funny.  I had a nice time.  This one should be just as good, I hear there is some new talent. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad you didnt get to go on the trip but at least you got away. Men are good at throwing fits huh?   Never enough time nor money. I hope you enjoy babysitting, wait, i know you do.   love you,lisa

Anonymous said...

Sorry you weren't able to go on your trip. At least you got away for a night. Enjoy the grandkids! Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

There is nothing like 2 year old behavior, no matter how old the actor, lol!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you were not able to make the trip to Montana. I have to admit though, that your comment about Mark brought more than a smile to my face- I laughed out loud. Men really ARE such babies sometimes. lol
Hugs, honey, and thanks for the prayers for my daughter-in-law's mother.
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK
        http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HOPEFORTODAY

Anonymous said...

Rose,
I, too, am sorry your plans fell through.  But it sounds like you helped Mark come up with a quick fix to his hurt feelings.  Getting him away at your camper was a great idea and giving him the "idea' of how to spend the money on his motorcycle was even a better plan.  Now he has soemthing to look forward to and can keep busy this summer fixing his motorcycle when his new starter comes....then you can go out "adventuring" even more this summer.    

You are a great wife and a great comforter to those around you.   I am thankful to be privledged to know you.  

Send pictures of Liz's play...and enjoy....

Your friend,
Kathy G.

Anonymous said...

Rose and her fan club....

Before I forget....I have a "plug" to give about my family....

Have any  of you been out to see the movie, "The Break Up" yet?  My nephew is in the movie.  He's one of the Tone Rangers, an a capella group, that stars in the movie with Jennifer Aniston.  His name is even in the credits....how cool is that....!

Kathy G.

I guess this is my 15 minutes of Fame (where I get to brag about him).......I'll enjoy this.....

Anonymous said...

You knew how to fix up that little problem, didn't you? Paula

Anonymous said...

Thats so funny about your husband and the motorcycle.  Men and their toys hehehe!!!!

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

The weather is funny. Cool at night and hot during the day here.
Sorry you didn't get to go to Montana, that would have been a good trip.
Hugs, R.C.