Saturday, June 3, 2006

The past week

Last weekend was a hot one here in Northern Illinois.  We spent most of it on the motorcycle.  I did sleep through the Indy 500 all that spinning makes me sleepy!  Liz's boyfriend Mike came over for dinner on Sunday night, and since our larger grill is at the camper we used a wee little one for our chicken breasts.  It worked out fine though. 

On Memorial day we went out to see the kids.  Tracey is getting huge, and the boys are as cute as ever.  A storm blew in and poor Jacob cried because his spiderman boucie toy blew next door.  It made a safe return when the rain stopped.

Also this week my already "hanging by a thread" washing machine finally refused to run.  Fortunuately for me my Menard's son came to the recue.  We drove to his store Thursday night and got a nice deal on a machine.  This one even stays put and doesn't bounce all over the dining room.  It's in the dining room because the previous owners of our house built a closet in  that room and put the washer and dryer in it.  The dryer had so much long venting through the basement to the outside that it was causing a fire hazard.  We moved that downstairs, but with the plumbing already in and a drain there I just had Mark put the new one in the old ones spot.  Besides it would have been an ugly site watching the two of us carry a washer down the narrow stairs to the basement.  The hot water heater received a huge dent in it when Tim and Mark brought that down last fall.

I took my four writen driving tests this week for my driver's license.  I even had to take the core knowledge test that I took when I was 16!  Because I drive a school bus I must have the CDL endorcement along with the Passenger and of course the school bus.  The district even reimbursed me for my $60 fee!  The test are now computerized, which when I took them three years ago freaked me out!  It was hard for me to get used to knowing you got an answer wrong immediately.  This time I took my time, skipped what I wasn't sure of and passed the first go round.  WHEW!

Have a great Saturday!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your old machine was a bit off balance, lol! Glad you were able to get a deal on a new one. The hook ups make it worth having children sometimes.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose -

Happy Birthday to you this Tuesday!  Do you have any plans for celebrating?  How about dinner out?  Or is "The Last Day of School" celebration enough?  

I'm glad to hear you passed all 4 tests with a breeze.  I just realized that I will have to take all 4 of those tests too, along with a 5th one, the Air Brakes Endorsement.  I'll be sweating bullents in 2008 when it's my turn to do all of this.  Passing these tests was a nice birthday present to yourself.  But I've got 1 question here, why didn't you go out for the Motorcycle permit as well?  

Glad to hear you got a new washer at a great price.  Sure beats doing your laundry in your pond against a rock!  

The kids are SO cute.  I'm glad to hear that Tracey is doing well.  

Enjoy your weekend.  We've got some great weather this weekend.  

Kathy G.  

Anonymous said...

I hate it when the appliances go bad but i am so glad you got a new one! Rick would be so insanely jealous if he knew you were on a bike! Maybe you will get a motorcycle birthday cake soon, huh?! lol
LOve,lisa

Anonymous said...

I think our washer is getting ready to die also,hate that as I'm sure everyone does. Bet you are happy that your driving tests are all over. Your Grandkids
are so cute. I have never ridden on a motorcycle but I bet it's fun.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

What cute pictures !!!!  Sorry about the washing machine.
Have a good night.
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Awww...what a cutie he is!!  

Have a great weekend!!

Hugs,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Washing machines just don't last as long now a days do they? LOL.
Great pictures.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

When my washing machine does that I say it dances. That kid is the cutest little bugger. Bet its a hassle having to take those test again but you did good. Paula

Anonymous said...

Im glad to hear you passed your tests OK. That must be a relief!!!

Kara

Anonymous said...

Your boys are so ADORABLE!  But I'm sure you already know that, huh?  lol  I had to laugh at the thought of you trying to get that down those basement steps!  I don't know why it hit me as funny, but it did!  I do that alot, something that shouldn't be funny at all, I laugh at!  Go figure!  I'm glad you passed your driving test!  I tell you what, there is NO way I would be able to do it!  Maybe, but I don't think so!  The twins are going to get their permits this week when they get paid.  YIKES!  I've been trying to put this day off for as long as possible!  lol!  Have a great week, my friend!
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Your boys are so ADORABLE!  But I'm sure you already know that, huh?  lol  I had to laugh at the thought of you trying to get that down those basement steps!  I don't know why it hit me as funny, but it did!  I do that alot, something that shouldn't be funny at all, I laugh at!  Go figure!  I'm glad you passed your driving test!  I tell you what, there is NO way I would be able to do it!  Maybe, but I don't think so!  The twins are going to get their permits this week when they get paid.  YIKES!  I've been trying to put this day off for as long as possible!  lol!  Have a great week, my friend!
Love, Linda